Buddy's School Visit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy's School Visit

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy's School Visit

We had a special school visit at the elementary school where we participate in a reading program. We live in Berkeley County, SC. The public and school libraries are coming together to get everyone in Berkeley county to read the same book. The project is called One Book Berkeley. The book they have chosen is.......you ready for this......Marley and Me.
    I was asked to come in today and bring Buddy. They videotapped me reading the lower grade book, Bad Bad Dog, Marley. The author of Marley and Me has written three separate books for different age groups based on Marley and Me.
    I wasn't sure how Buddy would react to just lying there while I read. Sometimes he can be fidgetty.
    The librarian wanted to know if I wanted to practice. I told her no. Buddy will only sit still so long, and we were better off just going ahead and reading. So, I began. It took me a little over 10 minutes to read the book. Buddy was amazing. He watched me the whole time. Sometimes looking at me, and sometimes looking down at the book. It was as if he was really paying attention to the story. I watched the video after it was completed. He even twists his head at just the right parts. It was so sweet. On the 2nd to last page he sat up. BUT, he still watched me and watched the book. On the next to last page, the mommy says that Marley can stay rather than being given away. The book says Marley gave the mommy a big, sloppy kiss. I kind of learned toward Buddy. As if on cue, he reached over and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I almost cried. It was the most precious thing we have ever done.
    They are going to edit the tape so that at times I'm reading to the camera. At other times, while I'm reading, they will be showing pictures from the book.
    They talk about Marley doing the Marley Mambo in the book. There were some students in the library that wanted to see Buddy dance. I told them he would do the Marley Mambo. I got him to twirl in circles, first left and then right. The librarian taped this too. She said it would be perfect for the video.
    Buddy is now a movie star. I was so proud of him today. He was perfect. Good Good Dog, Buddy.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Buddy's School Visit

Aw, that sounds like it came out perfectly. Buddy is such a great boy!!!

Awww, good boy, Buddy!!! Well done!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! :-* :-* Buddy, what a good boy!
    Katie and Boo

Caseys Mom Guest

That sounds great! I wish we could all see the video. ;D

lablover is offline Senior Member

Oh Monnie, that sounds wonderful! What a good boy Buddy!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

To me it sounds like Monnie AND Buddy did a great job. Congratulations to both of you.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

georgie is offline Senior Member

What a great day. Good boy Buddy.

biscuit is offline Senior Member

what an awesome experience I'm sure you'll remember for the rest of your life- it makes me want to meet Buddy
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

jan elaine Guest

Great job Buddy! What a smart boy you are. :-*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast