Things that make your Labby mad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that make your Labby mad.

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultThings that make your Labby mad.

There are a few things that I have found that make Willow mad. Those are

Squirt bottle I tried this training technique with her as a puppy, it worked very well for my old dog but Willow would actually get aggressive towards the water bottle so I gave this up very quickly.

The snapping or waving of a towel. She goes nuts trying to get the towel still not sure if she is mad at it but she take a more aggressive approach towards a towel then she does when you just have one of her toys.

The sound of a news paper even when just reading it if you snap it she goes nuts.

And the funniest one was last night the should of a deck of cards being shuffling. She went ballistic.

Not sure of the reason for any this she has never been hit with papers or snapping towels it's just the motion or sound throws her into a butt tucking frenzy.

any one else have this behavior?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Things that make your Labby mad.

vacuum = monster
    lawn mower - same thing :

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fburke

There are a few things that I have found that make Willow mad. Those are

Squirt bottle I tried this training technique with her as a puppy, it worked very well for my old dog but Willow would actually get aggressive towards the water bottle so I gave this up very quickly.

The snapping or waving of a towel. She goes nuts trying to get the towel still not sure if she is mad at it but she take a more aggressive approach towards a towel then she does when you just have one of her toys.

The sound of a news paper even when just reading it if you snap it she goes nuts.

And the funniest one was last night the should of a deck of cards being shuffling. She went ballistic.

Not sure of the reason for any this she has never been hit with papers or snapping towels it's just the motion or sound throws her into a butt tucking frenzy.

any one else have this behavior?
    I assume by mad, you mean crazy. The HK reaction to your examples.
    Water spray bottle: Used to discourage barking at us when we were eating dinner. Worked for a while, then she discovered she liked the hose outside and this was just a small hose. She liked it and wanted it. All of it.

A TOWEL? Where? Let me have it. Hey! I get one end to tug with. No fair, give me my end.

Hey! That's a newspaper. I can shred that good. Give it to me. Let me jump up there and get it. SHREDDING PARTY! ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY?

Shuffling cards? Haven't done that one yet.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

The simplest, most stupid thing gets my lot barking and doing butt tucking figure of eights around the living room and that is if i make like a beak with my hand and pretend to peck at them ~ stupid i know but i can't resist the wind up !

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

fburke is offline Senior Member

When I say mad I mean boarder line aggressive. Water bottle, she will snap at it actually biting it with full force growl the whole 9 yards.

When I say mad I mean boarder line aggressive. Water bottle, she will snap at it actually biting it with full force growl the whole 9 yards. I actually had to speak with my little one when he started to hunt the doggie with a squirt gun once.. I think this was the only time I have ever been concerned for his safety with her.

Towel.. Just wave a towel as if you were shaking it off.....she will attack it...not her usual I want to play mode.

Same with news paper...

And the deck of cards she kept trying to snap them out of my hands.

All these examples are so out of character for her. It is only in these situations I have seen her this way it’s definitely not her just playing aggressively. It’s just strange.

What makes Maggie mad is when I put a treat on the floor and make her sit and stay and then one of the cats walks by and sniffs it. OMG! She gets soooo mad. She will growl and show her teeth and her ears go in the back/down position. She will stay, but man she gets mad. Especially if it is Sophie the little butthead cat. Because she will actually try to steal the treat. The other cats just sniff and then walk away. Maggie knows the difference too.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Oh sorry i thought you meant loopy juice, not mad as in aggressive.

None of mine show any signs of that sort of mad.

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo has never shown signs of being mad. Wound up, yes, but never mad.

He's too much of a goofy fun-loving oaf to get mad. ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

mine doesn't like if i hold a finger right in front of his face and shake it when he's in trouble.... he makes this real snippy face...and bears his teeth. lol. sometimes i do it when he's not in trouble and we are playing together cause it's so funny and immediate and he still does it!

oh and having to go to bed before he wants to go to bed. he's like a teenager.. "Go to bed!" .... "But i don't want to go to bed!"

jan elaine Guest

Maggie gets mad (evil) if I leave her to go pet the cat. The cat is a stray we rescued and only likes to come in for meals and a nap. But you would think he was lugging in suitcases and taking over her bed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast