Bones Would Rain From The Sky

Thread: Bones Would Rain From The Sky

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultBones Would Rain From The Sky

For those of you that have read this book, what did you think? I am only on page 60 but I already love this book and this author's approach to dog training, and philosophy. I am beginning to re-think some of the ways I have tried training Breezy. One trainer used the prong collar, and we could not attend her group classes without every dog wearing one. We went, and Breezy did great, but I was never comfortable with the prong collar so we don't use it anymore. One trainer had us try the choke chain, which we did, once. Again, not comfortable with that method so no choke chain after that. I will not use the electric shock collar----ever. Breezy is pretty good on our walks, so we are using just her regular flat collar and leash. The only time she pulls is when she sees her doggie girlfriend at the end of our street, or if she tracks a scent that makes her go bonkers. She just turned a year old, so we are still working on the pulling, but I have seen a lot of improvement. Anyway! Since reading this wonderful book, it has really got me thinking. It makes so much sense to me, and I relate to the author's holistic and humane approach. I guess what I'm considering is finding a trainer with a similar approach to Suzanne Clothier, the author of Bones. For those that read this book, what were your feelings, and did it change your views or open your eyes to another way of connecting with your dog? It is really hitting home for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bones Would Rain From The Sky

this one of my all time favorite dog books. it made me think about why i choose to share my life with dogs, and what i can do to bring out the very best in them and enjoy our time together.

i learned to recognize a difference between pushing obedience into the dog versus bringing it out of him.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

luke from georgia,
    Thanks for your response. Your last sentence sums it up perfectly. That is exactly what I am learning from this book, and hoping to achieve.

Catherine

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

This is a book a couple of my friends have raved about, but I've never gotten around to reading it. You guys just inspired me to order it.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06