NLR... 8 week old Border Collie Puppy Sold at Flea Market Dies of Rabies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLR... 8 week old Border Collie Puppy Sold at Flea Market Dies of Rabies

DefaultNLR... 8 week old Border Collie Puppy Sold at Flea Market Dies of Rabies

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18865.aspx

I don't know what the saddest part of this story was...

that people bought a puppy at a flea market
    or that people dumped said sick puppy at the humane society after discovering it would be too expensive to treat
    or that this poor wee puppy died alone in a cage at the humane society. :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: NLR... 8 week old Border Collie Puppy Sold at Flea Market Dies of Rabies

how sad ...RIP sweet baby

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: NLR... 8 week old Border Collie Puppy Sold at Flea Market Dies of Rabies

I don't know why I am always surprised by the coldness of people towards animals. It makes me angry and sad all at once. I could never just turn my back on a baby. Animal or human.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Would the so-called "breeders" of this BC pup have known it had rabies? The article said that there were 11 more dogs sold at the same location and Toronto Public Health fears that they too might have rabies....

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Isn't this whole thing just incredibly crazy? I heard on the news this morning that over 200 people have called in confirming contact with the pup, and another 6 pups had been sold too.

Someone needs a slap upside the head with a big stick.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Yikes that sounds like a big mess. Poor pup for dying alone. I hope they can do something with the 'breeder' their should be some legal way to hold him accountable.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I heard the bitch passed it to all her pups, she contracted it after getting in a fight with a skunk.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

that is sad and scary at the same time.

Poor pups
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Not only did the bitch pass it along to all of her pups, the bitch died from rabies BEFORE the pups were sold. So the so-called "breeders" must have known that the pups could have been rabies-positive.

And yet they sold them anyway, with no apparent regard to the pups nor the public.

I pray that there is a special part in hell for "people" like these. >

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I am terribly saddened by the event but happy at the publicity this is bringing to getting dogs from seedy places.

Just now on the Global "news at 6" promo - "how to ensure you get a safe pet from your family". Fingers crossed that this is a wake-up call for people who think it's ok to get a puppy just anywhere. To just grab a puppy like that from anywhere - ANYTHING can happen.

Did I hear correctly - do all the dogs at the humane society have to be held for 6mts (in solitaire) to be sure none caught this? how terrible.

ETA - What the heck is K.C. Registered? As in CKC?
    "None of these dogs are registered, K.C. Registered. You get what you pay for."
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast