Am I a bad lab mommy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a bad lab mommy?

DefaultAm I a bad lab mommy?

I see everybody else post pictures of their labby in bed or talk about them hogging the bed and it makes me wonder. Am I a bad lab mommy because I won't let our pup(s) in the bed? ??? We don't have a big bed and the fur in my mouth at night bothers me so we put a couple of their blankets and their bed at the foot of our bed and that is where they are supposed to sleep. I ALWAYS slept with my pups until I met my husband and I have just found that he takes their place in bed now... :-\ Every now and then on Saturday mornings when we are just laying in bed we will let them get up there and cuddle with us but as far as them deciding they don't have that priviledge. With the baby coming I'm even more weary of them "deciding" when they will get in bed just in case little Landon is sleeping on the bed. I feel bad, I love to cuddle with them but it just doesn't work out when it comes to cuddling in the bed like it used to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Am I a bad lab mommy?

No your not a bad lab mommy.
    Our labs are not allowed on the bed or on the couches. They are perfectly spoiled otherwise and don't seem to mind at all. They have their own beds in several rooms of the house and seem content to lay on them.

No you're not bad. Many people do not allow their pets on beds and sofas. The rest of us are just a little crazy. LOL I live alone and Nellie is about the only cuddling I get. I have to add that she always asks permission to get in the bed when I'm there so I could say no, I just choose not to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Nope, definitely does not make you a bad mommy. I don't mind Riley on the bed or on furniture, but I don't poo-poo anyone who doesn't allow it. I do have a question though, even though yours don't get in your bed, how do you keep their hair outta there :P?
    I remember when I got my first lab about 13 years ago, at first she was not allowed upstairs at all, but her hair somehow was there ???. In fact, her hair was in my car, in the refrigerator, you name it.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Nope.

Baloo and Peanut both sleep in crates at night. I don't feel bad about it, I see it as their own little "rooms", and they seem to enjoy them just fine. Besides, I tend to flail in my sleep and I'd constantly be worried about hitting or kicking them by accident. I know Dan can take it, I don't worry about him.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Well i must be worse cos mine sleep on their beds in the kitchen...they never come upstairs as they are not allowed

no....no dogs in the bed at our house...a. they take up to much room b. they are not always the cleanest

they have their own beds or the couch..

Felix Guest

No, you're not a bad mom to you're dog, i thinkg .. And this is my own opinion, is that you're an excellent mom to you're Labrador !! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by kathy5475
    I do have a question though, even though yours don't get in your bed, how do you keep their hair outta there :P?
    I don't! It just keeps the hair to a minimum without them getting in the bed. They aren't allowed on the couch because it's leather and so it just flows right off the couch. Unfortunately, I can't keep all the hair off the bed, but the majority of it stays on the floor. After letting them in the bed on Saturday morning I have to change the sheets and the comforters! The hair is ridiculous! :

In our house the cats had the bed first, so that's how it is. Even if we didn't have the cats there is no way my husband and I would have room for an almost 90 pound dog in our bed. Besides, she sleeps in her crate at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast