Jacey needs to know if any of you use doggie booties for snow??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacey needs to know if any of you use doggie booties for snow??

Kathryn Guest

DefaultJacey needs to know if any of you use doggie booties for snow??

Poor piggy.. Its -9F outside and a wind chill of -22F and she went out to potty and i thought I was going to have to go pick my 70lb piggy up.. its so cold on her feet all she could do was lift one foot look at it and lift the other.. Its suppost to get down below -10F with a wind chill of about -30F
    I am thinking about getting her some booties or something since this looks like its going to go on for a while :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Jacey needs to know if any of you use doggie booties for snow??

With weather like that I would only let them outside to do their business. Brrrrrr.

Kathryn Guest

They only go out to potty and no horse play. But she cant even do her potty because her feet are so cold. she just stood there and looked at her feet.. I just dont know if booties would help or not :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Booties would definitely help. They take some getting used to though. I make my two wear them in the spring thaw - it's much easier to get boots on and off then to wipe paws, wash my floor and wash throw rugs every 5 seconds. They don't like em the first few times every year, but they get used to them.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Kathryn Guest

I guess tomorrow I will go in search for some.. One of the sport places here should have them if petco dosnt.. I hope..

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Rocky uses them. Both pups were lifting legs this morning because of the cold!

They will probably help. Once you get them on, she may freeze. Just gently tug on the leash and get her to take a few steps. Rocky does this EVERY SINGLE TIME. He walks ubber funny for 1 min than he's good to go.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I can't imagine it being that cold! I think it would even give Tal pause too. Good luck with the booties. Probably a good idea for their comfort!/

Kathryn Guest

I think I am going to just buy one pair and do rounds with everyone.. Id hate to spend that much money and them not leave them on.
    Jacey takes her sweet time to potty. Even if you tell her Go Potty she takes her time. Maggie and Dakota on the other hand RUN out pottu and run and jump at the door to come back in.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I think that most of you will judge me as not abusive to our Hershey Kisses, at least I hope I am not.

I thought about Muklucks and watched for any signs that she might need something like that. I haven't seen it yet. HK has been out in temps of -20F and windchills as low as -34F. We have done a 1.3 mile trail at those temps, so it wasn't a 5 minute visit out to the yard. HK has yet to show any sensitivity to the cold other than increased energy. I have been putting Musher's Secret on her paws, all four, before we leave for those dp visits. I also put it on her paws any time she may be walking through slush or road melt. Maybe she is just lucky that the cold doesn't bother her feet.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast