Treats made in China (x posted in lab nutrition)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treats made in China (x posted in lab nutrition)

Joey is offline Senior Member

DefaultTreats made in China (x posted in lab nutrition)

I just got back from the store and found these treats that I was pretty excited about. They are called Cod Fish Bites and are supposed to be all natural and the ingredients are Cod and Flour. I thought they seemed great, not lots of fillers and all that, but then I found in tiny writing at the bottom that they are made in China I always try to buy things made in Canada and the US because I have heard some bad things about stuff made elsewhere, especially China. Not sure if they are okay or not or should I throw them away???

I did give him one before I saw that and he loved them, but man do they smell!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Treats made in China (x posted in lab nutrition)

I am not one to answer your question because I am super paranoid now about treats. I would throw them away. I returned a Nylabone that was made in China. They all used to be made in the USA but the new ones, the dental Nylabones are made in China. It went back to Petsmart.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Don't throw them away! Return them to the store and tell them WHY you are returning them. Maybe they'll catch on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I like the idea of returning them and explaining why.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I am likewise paranoid about it. If a food product is made in China, I will not buy it. I think I'd probably ry and return it and tell them why. Money speaks louder than anything. If enough of this stuff comes back, then maybe we'll start seeing things made in the US again.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I will not eat or feed anything that comes out of China anymore. I just don't feel that they can be trusted.

It is bad enough that some ingredient may come from China and we can't find that information on the containers. I have found that one feed manufacturer in the US will answer questions about ingredient sources if contacted.

I would take it back. I would request a full refund, or store credit. But if they refused, I would leave the package for them to dispose of, in an atttempt to make the point.

I don't know if the US or Canada have the best controls on food products. I also don't know if anyone is better. We just have to go with whatever information we have since self sufficiency is not really an option for most of us.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Take em back, may have lead in them like everything else from China! LOL

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I agree, take them back. I am uber-neurotic about anything made in China. Every single toy or treat I buy must say made in US or Canada or I will not buy it. I had several people give Riley bags of treats for Christmas because they couldn't tell me where they came from. I appreciated the thought, but I'm just not willing to take the risk.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I don't buy stuff made in China anymore, better safe than sorry, right?

At the health food store I go to they have treats like that for dogs but made here in Ontario. Store is called "Goodness Me", I don't know if you have anything like that around you....?
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Joey is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the input everyone, I think I will take them back. I got them from Costco and they have one of the best return policies of any store I know, so I'm sure there won't be a problem. I will also be sure to tell them the reason and hopefully they might think twice before re-ordering.

Kate - there is a store in London somewhere that my mother-in-law got some Christmas treats for Cooper from, they make them there from all natural ingredients so I might have to check that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast