Another restless night Updated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another restless night Updated

DefaultAnother restless night Updated

Halle put in a restless day yesterday and we had to go out for the evening, when we got home she had pooped at the back door which was a good thing and I was happy to see it ;D She slept all night long. Back to the emerg vet this morning and she was xrayed again No food in her stomach So now just a little bit of food at a time several times a day to see if she is ok If the pain comes back we have to take her back for more test as it would probably be a blockage in her stomach But one good sign is she isn`t vomeiting

Thursday night Halle was very restless wouldn't settle for the night pacing all over the place and stretching all the time Couldn't get any sleep so off to the emerg vet at 11:30 well at 2:30AM we were seen blood test which were all normal and two xrays which showed she had a very full stomach so pain meds and a antacid and 622.00 later we were on are way. I had to work Friday so my son said she slept most of the day but again last night pace pace pace wants outside so back to emerg vet this morning (my regular suggested this as they are only open till noon today. So another xray and still a very full stomach Treatment pain meds more stomach meds and no food for 24 hrs and bring her back again Sunday am another 188.00. She is so uncomfortable anybody else have this happen I hope she doesn't have a blockage in her stomach.

Liz Halle and Maverick

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Another restless night

oh dear - poor her - she must be so uncomfortable... poor you too - its so scary when we don't know whats going on and two emerg vets aren't cheap either...

what is the vet saying about the possibibility of a blockage? has she eaten anything unusual?

In my experience if it were something like torsion or bloat she'd be so painful that surgery would already have been done

in terms of blockage a barium series of xrays will probably be recommended- while it can't always show you what is there it will show you how things are moving through the gut ... the barium also coats the stomach well which provide some comfort if there is a gastric enteritis flaring up

letting the food work its way through her system makes sense - maybe by tomorrow she will have had an enormous poop and be back to normal ... fingers crossed here

please keep us posted
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

The vet doesn't believe she is any danger at this time but if her stomach is still very full tomorrow they want to do a ultrasound You never know what these guys get into She shredded some wrapping paper on Thursday but they don't think thats a issue as she usually doesn't eat it only shreds it.

Liz Halle and Maverick

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

awwwwwww poor honey

yah an ultrasound works too - I was thinking day vet not er vet when I said barium ... nice when all the tools (expensive as they are) are right at hand ...

here's hoping for a better night

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Did they say anything about bloat? I would be worried about that.

They have ruled out bloat, thats what I was worried about too

Liz Halle and Maverick

Hopefully it is just gas!! They can be very uncomfortable if they have gas.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts they find what is wrong soon.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

DefaultRe: Another restless night Updated

Updated at the top

Liz Halle and Maverick

DefaultRe: Another restless night Updated

so glad to hear it

she's not totally blocked if food is moving through (was it a "normal" poop?) if there is a block the pooping action might have shifted the thing so she actually becomes more blocked now (ask Kaytris about that one) but hopefully that'll be the end of it

thanks so much for the update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast