Bad bad bad girl Maggie! Anyone want her?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad bad bad girl Maggie! Anyone want her?

Kathryn Guest

DefaultBad bad bad girl Maggie! Anyone want her?

I have had it with her! She is 4 years old and has NEVER gotten into the trash but has started showing intrest in the trash in the kitchen..
    Over the last few weeks she has been ripping stuff up in my bedroom trash. Nothing important just trash.. So far. Today Im pissed off. Last week when I spent most of my time at the hospital she did so well with me being gone all day and only coming at noon to let her out. I had to come and let her out due to her having leaking trouble that we are trying to get under control again.
    I took away her staying in the living room while I am gone because she got into my trash in the bedroom and she can get into the kitchen from the living room. I cant babygate it off because my great brother has taught all the dogs except Jacey how to jump over it : . So back to staying in the bedroom after the second trash getting. Now this is the 3rd time and I am ready to put her in the crate with Dakota when I am gone. Dakotas crate is an extra large and is extra big for her. I have short term crated them together like when the cable man comes to fix my computer. but never long term like to the store or pay bills..
    Im not sure what to do with her..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bad bad bad girl Maggie! Anyone want her?

Trash? Kitchen I have my trash in a cupboard under the sink.

No other trash other than papers goes in my lviing room trash or computer room trash. Bathroom door closed when I'm out if my lab gets into the trash.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Take the trash bins and put them in your sinks when you're going to be out.
    Kitchen bin in the kitchen sink, bathroom bin in the bathtub. Like that.
    Flynn is a HORRIBLE trash trover and he can't get to them there.
    It has really, really subdued his interest over the past 2 years.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You can also try stacking the baby gates -- one on top of the other. I used to have to do that with my son (the monkey!) ;D

georgie is offline Senior Member

Can you move the trash out of the kitchen to a safer place. Don't you wonder why they do thiongs after years of behaving? Poor Maggie.

Kathryn Guest

I am not so much worried about her getting into the trash again its im worried about her ripping other things up.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

4 years old and this just started. Anything else change? New pet in the house? Longer hours alone? Different food? New carpet? Anything?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Kathryn Guest

I sure hope theres not a new pet in my house . She went back on medication for her leaking urine but this is the first time since she started it last Wed. I for the life of me can't think of anything that has changed.. I cant think of why shed be mad at me either.. :-\

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Is the med estrogen? Can the vet provide any possible link?

Time for me to get in trouble. If the med is estrogen which I believed is used to treat spay incontinence, one of those female hormones, ummmmmm????? I better not type any more.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Kathryn Guest

Shes been on the medication before back in sept-nov. and after that it was a wait and see.. it came back so we put her back on it. I dont remember the name of it and im to lazy to jump up and go look right now.. She gets it once a week and its a little tinny blue pill. So small that I have to hide it in food to make sure she eats it and not one of the other dogs :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast