Just Labradors banner

Bad bad bad girl Maggie! Anyone want her?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  HersheyK's Dad 
G
#1 ·
I have had it with her! She is 4 years old and has NEVER gotten into the trash but has started showing intrest in the trash in the kitchen..
Over the last few weeks she has been ripping stuff up in my bedroom trash. Nothing important just trash.. So far. Today Im pissed off. Last week when I spent most of my time at the hospital she did so well with me being gone all day and only coming at noon to let her out. I had to come and let her out due to her having leaking trouble that we are trying to get under control again.
I took away her staying in the living room while I am gone because she got into my trash in the bedroom and she can get into the kitchen from the living room. I cant babygate it off because my great brother has taught all the dogs except Jacey how to jump over it ::) . So back to staying in the bedroom after the second trash getting. Now this is the 3rd time and I am ready to put her in the crate with Dakota when I am gone. Dakotas crate is an extra large and is extra big for her. I have short term crated them together like when the cable man comes to fix my computer. but never long term like to the store or pay bills..
Im not sure what to do with her..

#3 ·
Take the trash bins and put them in your sinks when you're going to be out.
Kitchen bin in the kitchen sink, bathroom bin in the bathtub. Like that.
Flynn is a HORRIBLE trash trover and he can't get to them there.
It has really, really subdued his interest over the past 2 years.

G
#8 ·
I sure hope theres not a new pet in my house :eek: . She went back on medication for her leaking urine but this is the first time since she started it last Wed. I for the life of me can't think of anything that has changed.. I cant think of why shed be mad at me either.. :-\

#9 ·
Is the med estrogen? Can the vet provide any possible link?

Time for me to get in trouble. If the med is estrogen which I believed is used to treat spay incontinence, one of those female hormones, ummmmmm????? I better not type any more.

G
#10 ·
Shes been on the medication before back in sept-nov. and after that it was a wait and see.. it came back so we put her back on it. I dont remember the name of it and im to lazy to jump up and go look right now.. She gets it once a week and its a little tinny blue pill. So small that I have to hide it in food to make sure she eats it and not one of the other dogs ::)

#11 ·
Never take me too serious. I was trying to lighten your stress a little. I know that estrogen is one of the drugs they use for spay incontinence. I guess I know the doseage is pretty low and infrequent, like 1-2 weeks apart. Maybe that is what you are giving her. I guess I was just trying to make fun with the female hormone association and potential for mood swings or who knows what else. Bad taste on my part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.