Do you call your dogs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you call your dogs?

joflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you call your dogs?

The thread from Paddysmom made me think of this. How many of you call your dogs and talk to them on the answering machine when you're not home? I have to admit to doing it only twice and we were driving up our street so we would be home in less than a minute or two. I just called the house number and started saying things like "hi Libbers, hi Willy, here comes mom and dad, go look, go look, who's coming? who is that?" I wanted to see if I could here them barking excitedly at the phone when we got out of the car. I know a woman that calls hers all the time throughout the day, just so they can hear her voice. I wouldn't do that, I think that would be cruel getting them all excited thinking you're home and they look for you and you're not there. Or do you think it would be comforting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: Do you call your dogs?

I have only done that once. We had gone to Scotland for a week and I had my boys put my first lab, Amber, up to the phone. It just made me feel better to be able to talk to her! :

labby is offline Senior Member

I was going to say, "call them what?"

No I can honestly say I have never called one of the dogs on the phone.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I haven't and I never will.

I guess I am concerned that she will get excited and do some kind of damage trying to findme, or something like that. She has heard or granddaughter on the webcam and has gone nits looking for her.

So no, haven't and won't. EVER.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

joflake is offline Senior Member

That's what I thought that it would upset them if they can't find you, but the two times I did it, we were pulling in the driveway.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Nope. Our answering maching is on Do Not Disturb (mute), so it wouldn't do any good since Caleb wouldn't hear me if I did. I will say, a few years ago I was tempted to call Mick, tho. If he would have gotten up and walked to the machine, I would have just to get him up and moving around.

No not like that. When I am out of town and call to talk to my husband sometimes he will put the phone up to Mocha's ear and let me talk to her. She just turns her head and looks at him like what is that sound...lol

Gene Guest

No, I just leave the tv on for them. A phone voice sounds different than a real voice, so I doubt if they would know it was me talking.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I don't call & talk on the answering machine...I think they may be wound up if I did. But when DH was in Canada with Abby.....when he called he would talk to Molly. She started wagging her tail & doing the butt wiggle when she heard his voice. ;D

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I have never called the dogs on the phone. My dogs phone privelges are limted to taking telemarketing calls.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast