Guess that breed!!! Bean asks "what am I?" (Ender's temp little buddy)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess that breed!!! Bean asks "what am I?" (Ender's temp little buddy)

DefaultGuess that breed!!! Bean asks "what am I?" (Ender's temp little buddy)

Hey all. At the urging of my girlfriend, we decided (well...I) to be a foster parents for local rescue who have puppies and dogs looking for temp homes down at the local Petsmart. We went last Sat. and looked at some and decided to bring home this little dude:

His name is Bean, after Ender's Game of course. He's very quiet, gets along great with Ender as you can see:

When I first got him home, Ender was like..."What the %&$# do you expect me to do with this?" But now they play all the time, mainly with Bean climbing on or chewing on Ender.

I'm working on just getting him used to other people, other dogs, having hands around his ears and mouth, ya know, usual puppy stuff. My girlfriend taught him sit yesterday in 20 minutes, now he does it all the time, so he seems pretty smart. He's also responding to his name (temporary or not).

Now here's the funny thing. The rescue rep. at the store said he was a Beagle/Lab mix. Now this is interesting considering he looks JUST like a ROTTWEILLER puppy. What do you think? Beagle/Lab mix? Rottie? or other? I have him until Sat., after that, it depends on if he gets adopted or not. I'll just take him week by week. But if he's a rottie I guess I should know that and take any special steps given their supposed predisposition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Guess that breed!!! Bean asks "what am I?" (Ender's temp little buddy)

What do you think? Beagle/Lab mix? Rottie?
    YES. ;D He looks like all three to me. Meanwhile, HE'S ADORABLE!!!! :-* :-*

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

DefaultRe: Guess that breed!!! Bean asks "what am I?" (Ender's temp little buddy)

He's cute whatever he is. Rotties are sweet gentle dogs so I wouldn't go overboard with worry.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Ditto those breeds, and how nice of you to foster. Looks like Ender is loving the company.

By the way, does "girlfriend" have a first name? and will we ever get to see more of her than her armpit?

lablover is offline Senior Member

Well gee, I have one just like that!!

This was taken 13 1/2 years ago. Nutmeg's ears started to stand up around 6+ months old. We have said that she is collie, GSD & rottie. Who know??

Garth is offline Registered Users

I'm pretty damned sure he's a Rottie & here's why.

I've already posted these once but I'll do it here too so you can see. This was my 2 when they first met their new playmate next door - a pure bred Rottie.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmom
    Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    By the way, does "girlfriend" have a first name? and will we ever get to see more of her than her armpit?
    Ha ha, girlfriend is Meghan. Here's a pic of the two.

As for Bean, his coloring looks Rottie, but his tail doesn't. He's got a long, soft, kind of labby tail.

My initial thought "why is she naked, holding a puppy?" Then I saw the camisole :P

Bean is too cute (and Meghan is too). Looking forward to more pis of Ender & his new bud.

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

I could see beagle/lab. I had a dog that used to look like a rottie as a pup but was a lab/collie mix (we saw the mom and dad was a neighbor's dog). She looked very much like that as a puppy, As she got older you could definitly tell there was no rott in her.

toyland444 is offline Senior Member

He doesn't look like a beagle to me. Looks like some Rott. He's adorable! :-*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast