I just want to sleep in for once
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just want to sleep in for once

Tater Tot Guest

DefaultI just want to sleep in for once

OK so some mornings (during the weekend) if we keep Tater up late he sleeps in with us. But during the week when we go to bed at 10:30 or 11:00 I guess that isn't late enough for Tater. He knows when the alarm clock goes off its time to get up. But for once I want him to wait and see what we do first before he starts jumping around like an A** Hat.

So this morning I knew I could sleep in. I got my clothes ready last night (have a lunch meeting today) and I did my hair also before bed. So I slept through the whole night, then the alarm goes off at 6:30 Tater gets up walks to my side of the bed puts his cold wet nose on my cold nose and gives me a kiss. I say "No not yet just a few more minutes mommy is sleeping in today" So after that he walks around the room, back and forth and then he lays down. And then I feel relief and close my eyes, two minutes later the alarm goes off again. Tater gets up come greet Cody this time. Cody plays with him for a few and then he walks around the room again and lays down. Few Minutes later alarm goes off (yes we hit the snooze about three or four times) and he comes to my side and I play with him this time. Get him tired and he lays down, I lay back down, ALARM GOES OFF AGAIN AND HE COMES RIGHT BACK!

I give up so I get up and so does Cody. I love Tater so much, I guess you can say he is the reason I get out of the bed in the mornings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I just want to sleep in for once

I hear ya! Tucker does this thing where he stands at the foot of our bed on the wood floor, whines a tiny bit and then "tap tap tap" with his nails on the feet. He does it over and over again until one of us gets up. It's really annoying! olice:

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Tater just wants some luvin..lol Mambo would do that before. Now he loves to sleep in and I have to wake him sometimes. He wont get off his bed until I say cuddle time. Than he attempts to run across the floor (laminate) and pounce in the bed for the morning cuddle session. I think its his fav time of the day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Callaway is offline Senior Member

You are lucky in a way Bogey gets up with the chickens. No chance to even hear an alarm around here!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I hope your not looking for sympathy from this old gets up early guy. You set the alarm, he is just responding. Come on, give the dog a break. He can only assume that you want to get up, that's why you set the alarm. He doesn't want you to be late. If you wanted to sleep later, you should have set the clock for later. Geeeez! Poor dog getting blamed for the failure at the other end of the leash again.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

blackjack is offline Senior Member

I wish I got to hear my alarm clock. It's set for 6:15 but I rarely get to stay in bed that long. BJ usually starts campaigning to get up about 5:45. He gets up on the bed and comes and sits on the pillows between us, although sometimes he sits on the SU's shoulder and he can't seem to manage to move the dog, so then I'm up. If this doesn't work he moves to the blanket chest and the end of the bed and puppy barks or whines. Lately he has moved his first attempt to 4:30 because one of the beagles was having tummy issues last week and needed to go outside every couple hours so now to BJ, its habit. I think I need a caffeine IV. :P

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    I hope your not looking for sympathy from this old gets up early guy. You set the alarm, he is just responding. Come on, give the dog a break. He can only assume that you want to get up, that's why you set the alarm. He doesn't want you to be late. If you wanted to sleep later, you should have set the clock for later. Geeeez! Poor dog getting blamed for the failure at the other end of the leash again.
    I was thinking that as well. If you didn't set the alam for 6:30, Tater wouldn't get up at 6:30...right? Angus stays in bed (next to our bed) until Steve is up & heding downstais for breakfast. Poor Tater is just getting up with the alarm clock like you are supposed to

Luckily Mocha's really good at letting me sleep. Even if my alarm goes off she will come and nose me if I tell her to go to sleep he goes and lays down or at least stops bugging me.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo gets up and starts whining to be let out when he hears the alarm. He knows that the sound of the alarm is directly linked to us getting out of bed. ;D

If we turn the alarm off, he'll sleep until we get up, unless he really really has to pee.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

IzzyLucyWillie is offline Senior Member

We get up the minute the alarm goes off. If we don't, we have labby drool X3 on the bed. If the other two don't drool Willie drools enough for the three of them. They are ready to eat first thing in the morning. Guess ole Pavlov knew a thing or two about dogs huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast