My dog hates the rain!

Thread: My dog hates the rain!

maz

DefaultMy dog hates the rain!

Does anyone else have a dog that does not go outside if it is pouring or hide when you mention the word bath? We have a river that runs behind our house and Kc will love nothing better than to be let off the lead and have a swim. Yet when it is raining I almost have to pull her round for a walk. Have I got an abnormal doggy? I always thought that labs loved the water, whichever variety it came from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allies Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My dog hates the rain!

I have one of each. Allie hates the rain. I have to stand outside in the rain with her in order for her to go. Then I have Diesel who hates baths (showers).
    He hides if he catches on to it. He has to be carried (105 lbs) into the shower
    when he needs one (medicated shampoo). But yet they both love to swim at our lake. Go figure.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Many Labs love swimming but hate the rain. I have one. Strange creatures - but I can't say I blame them. Rain sucks.

It doesn't help that it rains constantly here, either.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neither of mine really like going out in the rain Mocha objects less than Zeus does though he will hold it all day before going out when it's raining. Mocha actually likes a bath and hops in the tub willingly. Zeus is less enthused about it but he will get in the shower (not the tub) and let me wash him. Both LOVE to swim.

Lula doesn't mind the rain. However, she hates to walk on wet grass. ??? Go figure.

Lexie loves to swim and has been known to jump into the shower with me. But if it is raining forget about her going out in it. She just stands there and looks at me like, yea right you go pee in the wet grass and pouring rain. Cuz if I can actually get her out into the rain, if the grass is already wet she will hold up one paw and just stare at me with those sad puppy eyes until I give in and let her back inside. (Pampered pooches!)

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

I have one of each too. Clarence has never liked water. He will walk around puddles! In the Spring when there's water everywhere it actually looks like Clarence tries to walk on his tip toes!!

On the other hand, Shane has his own kiddie pool and loves to chomp at the sprinkler. He has no problem dipping his head below the water to get his bone.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Yep, got one here.

Zoe loves to swim, absolutely loves it. Even in the rain.

But if we're not at the ocean and it's raining, she does here squinty eyes and looks at me like "I wanna go home, mom."

If we're in the yard, she'll look for a dry place to stand.

She doesn't like her kiddie pool either. :
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

my2labs is offline Senior Member

i have one of each here also. cinder, who we lovingly call pigpen, runs around in any type of precipatation chasing tennis balls but hates to be wiped down before she enters the house. abbey will not dare go outside if it's raining and will hold her bowels all day if she has to. she will purposely go slinking into the bedroom and hide when we tell her she needs to go outside for a potty break.

Sam 9-27-07

Mojo 7-6-12

joflake is offline Senior Member

Willy doesn't care what the weather's doing, he'll go outside anytime but he won't swim. He just runs around in the shallow water. Libby pokes her head out the door and if it's raining she won't go out. She is afraid of thunder and she thinks if it's raining it's going to thunder. She also is afraid if it's really windy. It doesn't have to be raining either, just windy and she won't go out. I've tried all the tricks to get her over her fear of thunder, even food and she's highly food motivated, but she won't even take a treat if it's thundering. The only thing I haven't tried yet is playing the CD's that are supposed to desensitize them. I think I will try that this spring. If it's a particularly bad storm, she gets in the bathtub!