For those of us PETA lovers that are also into horses
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of us PETA lovers that are also into horses

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultFor those of us PETA lovers that are also into horses

This billboard location at the heart of Times Square has to cost a fortune. For those unfamiliar, horse drawn carriage rides through the Central Park in Manhattan is a popular tourist and romance attraction. Apparently the horse owners are being targeted by PETA. I really know nothing about how the horses are treated. I did get close to a few one day and they seemed to have nice coats. I wouldn't really know what to look for in trying to determine if a horse was well cared for.

Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: For those of us PETA lovers that are also into horses

These folks have way too much time on their hands. In my hometown, Memphis, there are similar horse drawn carriages and likewise it is a good tourist attraction and good for a romantic evening.

I know very little about horses either, but I'd bet, like with a dog, one good look and it is obvious the animal is cared for or not. If the horses had nice coats, clear eyes, my guess is their owners are caring for them properly.

Every morning on my way in I pass a farm that has two beautiful horses. It is obvious even from a distance these animals are very well cared for.

I wish these PETA folks would spend as much effort on something that is worth a damn as they do garbage like this.

Ok, rant's over.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Although in general I'm am a PETA supporter, I do not agree with all of their stands. I also own three horses two of which are retired, rescued racehorses. Horses, like dogs often have, and enjoy, the jobs they do. Simply being a carriage horse is not cruelty but one needs to be careful about the amount of work they do. It really isn't as simply as it appears.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

PETA is more like PITA to me. How do they think carriages where pulled before we had automobiles? Yeah, they don't like the horse drawn carriages in Charleston, either. They targeted the Monks at Mepkin Abbey for their chicken raising practices. Now the Monks' quiet lifestyle has been so disrupted that their closing down their chicken business. I wonder how many of these people are in favor of abortion.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

How on earth can y'all support an organization that wants to ban pet ownership, eating meat, fishing and hunting???
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

GraphiteEvo9 Guest

Look at petas taxes, they are public and they support Rodney Coronado, a known anarchists who has caused millions of dollars in damage, including burning down an apartment building. Peta thinks all animals should be freed, and just be let free to raom and live however they want. Well what would happen if everyone released their pets? garbage cans, dog fights, dogs attacking people (hey not all dogs are friendly). Peta is just a big tool. I dont think animals should be abused or treated badly, but come on, they have already been domesticated and depend on people. I would like to think most domesticated animals live life pretty damn good. Peta definatly is a pita.

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    How on earth can y'all support an organization that wants to ban pet ownership, eating meat, fishing and hunting???
    Exactly which is why I am NOT a supporter.

Laura

GraphiteEvo9 Guest

Most people dont do any research on peta. They see "people for the ethical treatment of animals" and they think, oh yeah I support that. Well unless you want to let your dog out to the street to fend on his own, you probably dont support peta.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

PETA, Sierra Clob, Green Peace. They all has some fundamental purpose that I can support, but too often take it to extremes that I can not, and implore methids that are illegal and infringe on others freedoms. I do not know if we have the extreme right or extreme left representated on the board, but the best path to follow is usually someewhere in or near the middle.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I have to say I agree with PETA on this one.Those horses are treated awfully.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast