PetLand opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PetLand opinions?

DefaultPetLand opinions?

I know these places arent everywhere but for those of you who have heard of it, or have been to one. Just wanted to see what some of you thought of PetLand.
    I stopped in there yesterday because...well, i like to get the puppies out and play with them (i know tsk tsk) but they are so cute and i feel so bad for them.
    I dont buy puppies from places like these so dont get mad or anything, just seein if you guys think their as "reputable" as they say they are.
    I asked one of the workers there the very first time i stopped in just where they get their puppies to see if she'd fess up or feed me a line...of course she did her job and fed me a bunch of crap but whatever i guess...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: PetLand opinions?

I don't shop at places that sell puppies, meaning not purchasing anything in the store.

labby is offline Senior Member

I worked in a pet shop when I was like 16. When I played with them it was basically all the attention they ever received.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I've done the same, although I won't purchase anything in that store. I also have a friend who had a bad bird experience with them. It's very, very sad...and I do hate Petland and places like that!

There is a pet store that has puppies close to me, I use to stop in and just play with them,
    poor babies, they always seem to have yukky noses, I never touch my dogs before I change when I get home, I have actually called and reported their sick dogs.

Sambucasmom is offline Member

My friend at work just bought a puppy from there!! Trust me I tried everything I could do to stop her...obviously it didn't work. She had her mind set that she wanted that puppy. It was sick and needed several medications. It is also very small...she thought that was cute! Ugh! Some people just don't get it. She had herself convinced she was "saving" the dog. They had her also convinced that this dog was from a good breeder out west and it was good to get the runt, that way it wouldn't get big...and yes she believed them! Unfortunately that is how they make their money and stay in business.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Petland SUCKS! The one here sells mutts - mixes and crosses and backyard oopses - at high prices. The last time I was in there they had German Shepherd x Lab crosses that they were trying to sell for $750. Even the so-called purebreds looked like mutts, were not healthy looking at all, and I'm sure they came from puppy mills and BYBs.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Pet stores here are not allowed to sell puppies. I wouldn't spend a penny in one of those places.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Reputable? No.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

We have a Petland...my hubby was ask to leave the store and NEVER come back a few months ago for trying to talk a woman out of buying a chocolate lab pup they had. He got into a pretty big fight with the lady who worked there when she said they get all their puppies from "reputable" breeders : I can't go into places like that, it's just to sad :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast