My grandmother gave Pete a present for xmas...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My grandmother gave Pete a present for xmas...

DefaultMy grandmother gave Pete a present for xmas...

I'm sure many of you have your families acknowledge your dogs, but I really got a kick out of it. It was just a simple tennis ball, but it was wrapped and had his name on it. Came in quite handy with the nephews too. My grandma has always thought Pete was a really neat dog cause I didn't have to put him on a leash when we went out the door.

I was working on the road for awhile while my company was building stores not long ago. Just so happens one of our first stores is in the town my grandma lives in. Very small town. Well I ended up having to oversee this rebuilding there ended up staying with my grandparents for around a month. Being 34 at the time, I knew it was a chance I'd never have again. But what I'll never forget is how much they loved having Pete around. They knew I was never gonna have kids, so that was their grandchild.

/fond memory and I hope they get to see Pete again

Edit: I forgot to post the pic of him drinking out of their little waterfall birdbath thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: My grandmother gave Pete a present for xmas...

Awww...what a great story
    My parents adore Mocha and Zeus but my inlaws are not as thrilled with them.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Isn't that great, when other people love your dogs too! Love that pic. That is the perfect height for a water bowl. ;D My FIL loves my girls and he calls them his grand-dogs to anyone who will listen and my MIL loves them too. My mom thinks they are ok, but my dad can't stand them...because they are big. That's the only reason. Sometimes my dad can be such an asshat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Awww--thats too sweet.

joflake is offline Senior Member

My parents love my dogs like part of the family too. They even get to go to Grandma and Pap's house to spend the night and none of my siblings dogs get to do that. We all have at least one dog but it seems like mine are the ones that get to come visit. They would never tell the other one's no, but the situation just doesn't seem to arise, I guess. Mine even get to sleep upstairs in the bedroom with us, which was unheard of before this.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh what a sweet story!

I know what you mean about others loving your pup as much as you do. My parents love Lexi, but it is so funny to hear my father talk to her when he doesn't know anyone can hear him. He is like "What do you want baby?" He'll sister there & pet her as long as she wants petted.

My mother has a t-shirt that reads "My granddog is a chocolate lab." All I have to say is "Lexi, wanna go to grandma & grandpa's!" & it is on, she starts carrying on, bouncing around until I load her into the car.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

That is such a sweet story. Pete is very lucky to have a great grandmother to love him!

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is a sweet story. Yes, it is so nice when your family accepts your dog like family. The wrapped tennis ball was so special. Your grandparents sound like wonderful people. Cute picture of Pete drinking from the birdbath.

What a lovely story. My mother calls Nellie "The Beast." She wanted me to get a mini poodle. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast