Urusela Just Wondering How is Your Other House Guest

Thread: Urusela Just Wondering How is Your Other House Guest

DefaultUrusela Just Wondering How is Your Other House Guest

Wasn't her name Lucy? I am hoping the owner gave her to the family with 3 daughters. They had so much love and time to offer her.

I think Louie is just the cutest thing. Love the playing bitey face already.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ursula Just Wondering How is Your Other House Guest

Hi Karon. Thanks for asking.

Lucy is doing really well. She is with the family with the little girls, and reportedly everyone there is extremely happy with the situation. We gave her "owner" a deadline by which to respond to the other offer, and the family contacted him directly as well. No response. We extended the deadline. None of us heard anything before, at, or after that deadline. > I wasn't trying to get rid of her, I liked her a lot and she was welcome to stay for as long as necessary. But the family really, really wanted her, apparently the girls were asking about her daily. So the family came to pick her up. It was the funniest thing - she absolutely loved being here and playing with Toby and Chamois, but the minute those girls showed up, she jumped straight into the car with them and was uninterested in getting back out. And I swear, they showed up to drive her home with more stuff than her other "owner" showed up with to drop her off for an indefinite amount of time!

At the office, I hear about her and the girls every day from the dad. It's mutual adoration. It sounds like she's finally and really at home.

We still haven't heard from the "owner". >

We're giving everyone a bit more time to settle in (not to mention get our current doggie guest more relaxed), and then she and the family will come over for a play-date so we and our dogs can see her again. I am, however, also hoping that whenever they take a vacation, she can come back over for a longer visit.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Urusela Just Wondering How is Your Other House Guest

That is wonderful news, Ursula!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

ha ha. I just realized that it was probably fortuitous that she went home before our current houseguest arrived (just)! I'm trying to teach him so many new things. And she needed a fair amount of attention. My guys are OK with it and they understand.

But -- having both a Lucy and a Louie needing training at the same time in the same place could be very confusing for all of us!
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am so glad she went home with the girls. It sounds like a win-win situation for the family & Lucy.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I was wondering how that situation was going too. It sounds like Lucy has just got the best home ever ! You are a great person Ursula......

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

;D thats brilliant news! i was secretly hoping she would end up with that family seeing as owner really isnt bothered! yayyyyy

Oh I am so happy to know she is with them. They seem like a much better fit for her. Perhaps he didn't want to admit to himself he wasn't a good owner and this was his way of feeling like "they gave her away not me". Either way it seems like a win-win situation.