How long does adolescence last???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does adolescence last???

DefaultHow long does adolescence last???

Ok, so mine is her adolscence stage..how long does it last????

Between her and the boys.this momma is going a little insane at times!! Oh, I can't wait for training in two weeks!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How long does adolescence last???

How old is Blue?

I know what you mean, it does seem like it will never end, but it does. One day you wake up and you this wonderful lab (at least that is how it seemed to me). Mind you Moose still steals and eats socks when he can, Sky still poops in the house if she gets too excited in the morning before she is let out and Moose will never stop counter surfing.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

She is 10 months!

I got the counter surfing too, the jumping on the table after the boys eat dinner!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Some years ago, my dear old Hershey (he was ten at the time, I think) snatched an entire blueberry pie off of the back of the countertop, bypassing the pumpkin pie that was easier to reach.

He stopped being crazy sometime between two and three, but the mischief continued right to the end!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

We have to crate the dogs when we eat because Moose has no reservation trying to take food from my son. If I'm not around Moose really pushes the rules. We also never leave food on the counter, not even for a minute.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

I have a son who likes to feed her at the same time...we've crated Blue too. Shje's just started to learn to sit on the carpet outside the eating area and will lie there.

And she so excitable around the boys too....I crate her if she gets too much so we all can have a cool down period..otherwise it's sure mayhem.

And now she hides under our bed!!!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

According to my mother who passed away when I was 45, I was still an adolescent the last time we spoke to each other. My DW says that I have not improved yet at 63. I am afraid you have a way to go. ;D
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    According to my mother who passed away when I was 45, I was still an adolescent the last time we spoke to each other. My DW says that I have not improved yet at 63. I am afraid you have a way to go. ;D
    ;D

Well let's see, Murray is 6 1/2 ...

Adolescence lasts until around 18 months in most dogs and even longer in some. Labs are notoriously slow to get a brain. 2-3 yrs old is not unheard of. There really is no set time. Each dog is individual. Just enjoy the ride.

jan elaine Guest

Yep, believe it or not once he becomes an adult you will be wishing you had the little monster back. I think its a little like child birth. You forget the bad and just remember the good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast