Just Labradors banner

Rhode Island Craigslist **13yr old black lab**

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  GibsonsMom 
#1 ·
http://providence.craigslist.org/pet/535647932.html

we did contact her as to why she was getting rid of the dog and the response was "because we moved and our landlord wont let us keep her". I can understand the moving, BUT if you are looking for a new residence and ALREADY have a dog, why would you look at places that did not want a large dog. I really wish we did have more room here at our house because i would love another lab.

#3 ·
Do people realize how DIFFICULT it is to rehome a dog of that age? It takes a strong soul to give them a home for such a short time (a few years).

Dryf is 14 and there is no way he would go anywhere. I mean i realize in life sometimes things happen but did they even TRY to find another place?

#5 ·
We moved in 2007 and both places we looked at said no pets ---- guess what? We moved in and we have 4 cats and 1 lab. Once the landlord met our pets and talked with us he let us move in. Yes, there was an extra deposit which we gladly paid in order to have our pets with us, but that's just part of the deal. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of effort and negotiations. My landlord loves Maggie now that she is there. ;D

Now that I think about it, the last place we lived said no pets and we were there for 5 years with pets. Ha! It's worth a try. You also have to be sure yo go the extra mile to keep the place clean and in good order if your landlord went the extra mile for you.

#8 ·
That picture of her curled up on the couch just BREAKS my heart. She has no idea that her owner, perhaps the only family she has ever known, has put an ad for her on the internet. To give her away for free. That's how much she is worth to them...nothing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You couldn't pry my dogs out of my hands for ANY amount of money. No more than I would sell my mother. Or my husband. GAH! I can't imagine what it would feel like to post an ad for a member of my family, and offer them for FREE?!?!

Not to mention that the dog is 13. Good grief.

Sorry. This just makes me so sad for Lady. :'(

#9 ·
people are out of their ever lovin' minds.

I hear my father saying "get used to it Molly, people will disappoint you every step of the way" :(

I wish I could take her in and every other victim of people who are void in feeling, compassion and responsibility. Cowards.

#10 ·
AngusFangus said:
GAH! I can't imagine what it would feel like to post an ad for a member of my family, and offer them for FREE?!?!
Actually, she's requesting an adoption fee. I guess if you're going to get rid of your poor helpless old senior, you might as well make a bit of cash while you're at it. :mad: :'(

#14 ·
I live in RI and just checked the site. The update was that Lady was going to a good home this week.

That's good news for her, but the owner's on the other hand, I can't post what I'm thinking! :mad:

#15 ·
That is just plain cruel!!! What is wrong with people..throw away pets. I hope they have nothing but bad luck. Jackie

LoriC said:
http://providence.craigslist.org/pet/535647932.html

we did contact her as to why she was getting rid of the dog and the response was "because we moved and our landlord wont let us keep her". I can understand the moving, BUT if you are looking for a new residence and ALREADY have a dog, why would you look at places that did not want a large dog. I really wish we did have more room here at our house because i would love another lab.

#16 ·
BlackLab--we live in CT right on the RI border....we contacted a friend of ours who was looking for another lab and they are the ones who are taking Lady in....she has cataracts in one eye (very severe from what we were told) and the other eye is starting to develop cataracts as well.
I honestly just dont understand some people and guess i never will...... we had 2 guys come into work this past week and while getting their coffee , the one made the remark that his wife was really upset because their dog had passed away during the night...the other guy with him made the remark of "well its just a dog"....took all i had not to accidentally dump his coffee on him."sigh"

#19 ·
Baloo317 said:
AngusFangus said:
GAH! I can't imagine what it would feel like to post an ad for a member of my family, and offer them for FREE?!?!
Actually, she's requesting an adoption fee. I guess if you're going to get rid of your poor helpless old senior, you might as well make a bit of cash while you're at it. :mad: :'(
WTH is wrong with people? Dang, this just pi$$es me off to no end. I HATE PEOPLE!!!!

#20 ·
I read this and I was about to call my friends at Petmatchmaker, a rescue organization from our area. I am in RI as well. If I had the room I would have taken her until a more permanant home could be found. I was thrilled to read further on that Lady is going to a good home, thanks to this Forum. Yay! Great job!!

Karen in RI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.