my dog doesn't like me very much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my dog doesn't like me very much

Defaultmy dog doesn't like me very much

well my friend down the street call me yesterday at work, she was out for a walk and when she came back, a chocolate lab was sitting outside her backyard gate. It was a chocolate lab, so she immediately called me to see if mine had maybe gotten out( was off at daycare, so it wasn't mine)

Told her to please put him in your backyard and post a sign, call animal control, but not let it go in case it would get hit by car. When i got home from work, i took some food and a rawhide down, to give it some dinner and check out the dog.

It was an unneutered male, NO tags, no microchip, just a choker collar on. He did know his basic commands, and absolutely no resource guarding between the food and bone. I drove the neighborhood last night, no signs up, no one out looking for the dog. I even pulled over a car circling the area that looked like it might be out looking for a dog. no luck.

Anyways, this lab was SO excited to see me...first time we met, so much more so than mine EVER gets... I think he liked me more than my own lab!!! It's crazy how they can have such different personalities.

well, i think my friend may end up adopting this lab if it's still available after the 5 day waiting period at AC before adoption! She feels it may be meant to be...she NEVER goes for a walk during the day, and the 1 day she does, the lab was laying there at her gate waiting for her at just the right time! Hope she does.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: my dog doesn't like me very much

Damn..that's amazing..it reminds me of Jackie (Amazon Gold's Shadow, very similar story). I have tears in my eyes..that is so awesome. Nothing in life is a coincidence..I sure hope if the owner doesn't come for it..that your friends gets to adopt him. Good Luck..
    Jackie

georgie is offline Senior Member

Your story gave me chills. It sounds like it was meant to be.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I want a dog to show up at my house soooo bad. I hope it works out for your friend.

A little angel, waiting by the gate. This was meant to be, I think! Sure hope she gets him!

Bev.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I agree - That chocolate boy came looking for your friend, and he belongs there. The ones who come to you like that are the best dogs!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

He was just waiting for his forever Mom to show up.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Sent you a PM. You might want to check with the University Animal Hospital (Dallas) 214-357-5501. One of their clients has a missing chocolate male (named Hank) that went missing. Might be worth a calll to see if its possibly Hank. The family is frantic trying to find him from what the staff tells me.

They are open till 1PM on Saturday and should be able to get you a copy of Hank's flyer and/or family's contact info.

Thanks,

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by nick_charles
    Sent you a PM. You might want to check with the University Animal Hospital (Dallas) 214-357-5501. One of their clients has a missing chocolate male (named Hank) that went missing. Might be worth a calll to see if its possibly Hank. The family is frantic trying to find him from what the staff tells me.

They are open till 1PM on Saturday and should be able to get you a copy of Hank's flyer and/or family's contact info.

Thanks,

Terry
    I called the clinic and the number they gave me and left a message regarding the details. It would be a long journey that little guy took, but you never know. Hope both of them find their way back home.

It was just disappointing to see there were no flyers up (if the dog was from this neighborhood, which more than likely a good chance) or the immediate across the street one that i drove through as well. I know if Chuy went missing there be flyers on every corner and me walking down the street with a bullhorn calling his name. >

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

Your story gave me goose bumps!
    Sounds like there's going to be a happy ending for this fella.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast