Those with other breeds
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those with other breeds

DefaultThose with other breeds

Do your other breeds look at you with the same adoring/loving/understanding that the labs do? My sis has 2 Bichons, my dad has a Shi Tzu and brother at Blue Heeler. They look at you but just not in the same way. Maybe its a matter of eye size or just bias but what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Those with other breeds

Maybe it's bias but I don't notice it from my dad's greyhound/husky mix, and I haven't seen it from any other breed. They were all very sweet loving dogs but I just didn't see that heart to heart thing going on. Could've just been the dog to person connection though.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Other breeds may love you just as much, but I think Labs are more expressive. They seem to be able to convey so many feelings by their ear positions and facial expressions. They also seem to be more intense about everything; eating, sleeping, playing... They seem to live and love life to the fullest.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BradsDarla
    Do your other breeds look at you with the same adoring/loving/understanding that the labs do? My sis has 2 Bichons, my dad has a Shi Tzu and brother at Blue Heeler. They look at you but just not in the same way. Maybe its a matter of eye size or just bias but what do you think?

I totally agree!!! With the exception of a few breeds, like the lab's cousin, the golden retriever, and a great pyrenees, you just don't see that look in the eyes like you do with our dogs.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Outside of Goldens I'm not that familiar with other breeds. I know on this board many have said there is something about labs..maybe this is it!

My other 2 dogs are females, and all my labs are males. It may just be a female thing, but both of my girls are really demanding. And they don't like to cuddle near as much as the boys do.

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    My other 2 dogs are females, and all my labs are males. It may just be a female thing, but both of my girls are really demanding. And they don't like to cuddle near as much as the boys do.
    I think it's a female thing.
    I decided years ago I'll stick to male cats and dogs for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by mich
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    I think it's a female thing.
    I decided years ago I'll stick to male cats and dogs for the rest of my life.
    It seems that I have gravitated to the males. I have 3 male cats and only 1 female. Echo my new kitten is also male. I have a male horse and 4 male dogs. 2 male fish, and 1 male turtle. The females are definitely outnumbered in my household.

georgie is offline Senior Member

We have had English Setters & GSD's in the past. The only two that were close were the GSD's. But not like the labs. I don't know what it is about labs...they just entwine themselves so much in your life. Maybe it is their....I love everybody..come pet me attitude.

Oh & this may seem weird but our labs are the only dogs that actually made & hold eye contact. Then the way they tilt their head....like they are really listening to what you are saying.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Mystery mutt Sophie has the most expressive face of any dog I've known.. when I'm reading in bed, she'll rest her head on my arm and give me the most heart-melting gaze until I lower my head for her goodnight kiss...

Tristan, my lab, and Cassie, a purebred Aussie, will also rest her head on my lap and give me loving looks, but Sophie has it mastered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast