"I don't want to be groomed!" says Buffy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I don't want to be groomed!" says Buffy!

Default"I don't want to be groomed!" says Buffy!

Hi! I'm a new member here, been lurking on the board for almost a year! I love this board so I thought I'd finally join. Figured I had a few stories to share with you.

So, was wondering how many of you have Labs who hate getting their ears cleaned and their nails clipped? Buffy (yellow girl) has some yeast in her ear (a frequent thing) so I got out the cleaner and Otomax which I hid in my pocket, but when she saw the Kleenex, she ran to hide! It's pitiful!!! Even if I grab a tissue for myself, she goes out of the room quickly, ha ha! She is better with the nails being trimmed, as she likes to eat the clippings (GROSS!).

Also, a tech. question...any time I want to add a picture to the post, it should go through photobucket, right? You can't post directly from your computer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: "I don't want to be groomed!" says Buffy!

Hi and welcome!!!! Cute dogs, love the photo you have for your siggy pic.

Yes, I believe you have to use a storage site such as photobucket (that's what I use) in order to add your pics. There were instructions in another post on how to post pics. I'll come back and edit this once I look at the forum titles, I can't recall right now which one it was.....

Edited to add: I think it's under the "Administration" heading, under Help Desk. I believe if you look on there, you'll find a post or posts dealing with photo posting.

Cheers,

Bev.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome from Hawaii!

Love your sig pic too.

Zoe loves to have her ears cleaned, but does not like the drops I put in.

She'll tolerate the dremel, but I can't do all of her nails in one sitting. Forget the clippers. That she will not tolerate.

I store my pics in www.shutterfly.com
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to JL. I use imageshack.us to store my pictures. It's free and easy.
    As to the yeast infections I found out with my last lab that they were caused by food allergies. Once I changed her food no more ear problems.

Anne is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Love your siggie pic!

Murphy is my only dog who detests having his ears cleaned. His modus operandi is to throw himself on the floor; with the ear I am trying to clean closest to the floor. :

Recently, Riley (one of my other dogs) had an ear infection so, naturally, I was spending much more time fussing with his ears. I took the ear medicine out of the 'dog drawer' (for Riley) and Murphy, who recognized it for what it was, threw himself on the floor!

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

jan elaine Guest

Welcome! My last lab would hide if she saw me anywhere near the clippers or her ear medicine. I'm trying to handle my pups feet and ears more so that hopefully she will tolerate it!? :-\

Welcome!!

Mine could care less about the nails, as we have messed with their feet from day one to get them used to it.

The ears, Dakota will stand there and deal with it but if looks could kill.....lol.

Willow hates it and lets you know it.

Welcome to the forum. Oh, and you are not alone in the lack-of-love for grooming. Shelby doesn't even liked to be brushed. I prefer the sneak attack when it comes to cleaning her ears -- first I hide the cleaner and cotton balls nearby. Then I get her to come and lay down beside me. Once I've got her in position, I spring it on her.

Beautiful dogs you have there!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

cute sig pic!

Welcome!

Lucy is a very good patient. She tolerates ear cleaning and clipping but it isn't her favorite. Cookies make it all better.

Cricket, my Cairn Terrier....well that is another story... :

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Welcome! And if you use any of the photo sites like photobucket, imageshack, etc. you should be fine. I use photobucket. But yeah pics have to be on those before you can post.

On the ear cleaning, Tal doesn't seem to mind that, and he tolerates getting his nails clipped. I hate doing it, but has to be done. Lots of times I chicken out and take him to the vet and let them do it... :-[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast