UPDATE: Clarence is FEELING BETTER!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Clarence is FEELING BETTER!

DefaultUPDATE: Clarence is FEELING BETTER!

LAST UPDATE: So I think we're on our way away from this yucky thing. He hasn't thrown up at all today and he's acting like the starving dog he always does. We're to give him 1/4 cup of ID food tonight with another dose of laxative and watch his water intake (not too much). Same food tomorrow AM and a 1/2 cup in the PM tomorrow. I hope the laxative takes effect tonight and he gets rid of whatever else is left in there. We have a flashlight all ready to go near the backdoor for night poop sessions--I'm dying to know what he ate! SU took the C-Man with him to the car dealership to pick up the car from service a little while ago and he was running all over the dealership with the tennis ball they keep there and chasing leaves. They were then going to the vet to get some more ID cans--if he begs for treats when they're there, he's certainly feeling better! Thanks all for the good thoughts. I just wish that Clarence would remember how horrible he felt after eating whatever he ate and not do it again! Here's hoping we all get some sleep tonight and have a good, non-vomit filled weekend.

PM (almost) UPDATE: Just talked to SU. No pukage this morning! He kept down the baby food, Pepto and laxative and a little water!! WHOOHOO! And he's acting hungry! The vet said no more food today and just a little water and some ice cubes here and there for the rest of the day. SU has to go and get another dose of the laxative later at the vet's so he'll take Clarence in to get a once over and maybe some more x-rays. Hopefully whatever is in there is on it's way out. The vet said even without solid food, the laxative should push out whatever is in there (my fingers are crossed that he's right). I'm not totally jumping for joy yet until something comes out and we have 24 hours without throwing up but these are good signs at least, right?

MORNING UPDATE: Hi all. Thanks so much for checking in for an update. Got to work and things were crazy so just got on here now. The C-Man held down two ice cubes last night. He threw up a tiny bit of bile a few hours after the second cube but nothing major. He slept with us again and I could tell he was uncomfortable. We let him out twice during the night, no poop just tiny pees both times. We gave him another dose of Pepto, laxative and a spoonful of baby food this morning. He ate the baby food without hesitating ( ) and was even pretty good with the laxative (it's this goopy stuff-blech). When I left for work 40 mins. later he hadn't thrown up and was back on the bed with SU. Just talked to SU and he's kept the stuff from this morning down. Connie--no projectile vomiting. He just leans over and blech, right in front of him. Thanks for telling me about Angus' experience, it didn't scare me more, I appreciate the information very much. SU just called the vet and he's waiting for a call back. I really really hope we can avoid surgery. Hopefully he can have some ID later today so he can have something in his tummy to poop out whatever is in there! We'll take him back to the vet at the end of the day (barring any further throwing up) to get more x-rays. Thanks so much for all the posts and prayers and good thoughts. We need them for hopefully not too much longer. :-\

So, we're home now. Poor guy is really down in the dumps. He didn't even move when I walked in the door. Clarence threw up a piece of black string at the vet's this afternoon but no other objects came out either end. The vet sent him home with a jar of baby food, some ID food, some laxatives and some more doggy pepto.

The x-rays this afternoon were "better than this morning" according to the vet but he said he could definitely see "something" in Clarence's system. The vet gave him a dose of laxative before he let him go, and told us to give him a spoonful of baby food and some pepto when we got home and another dose of laxative tomorrow morning. We gave him the pepto but he wouldn't touch the baby food. He licked a little off my finger but that's it. He drank some water.

25 minutes later he threw it all up (on the carpet of course). He drank some water after that. The vet said it's ok for him to drink, he's worried about dehydration again. 20 mins. after the water, he threw it all up. We called the e-vet and the tech there said to give him an ice cube and if he holds that down, then to stay home and bring him to the regular vet in the AM.

The vet didn't show SU the x-rays (which I'm a little ticked about :, I couldn't get to the vet in time from my office to meet SU there) so even if the e-vet took some more films tonight, we wouldn't know if anything moved or not. I"m hoping the ice cube stays down, it's been about 10 minutes. I'm really hoping whatever is in there comes out one end or the other on its own. We're to call the vet first thing in the AM. I don't want my baby to have surgery. :'( I checked all the tree ornaments and nothing seems to be missing so I still have no clue what he could have eaten. Continued good thoughts and prayers would help, I'm a mess right now. Thanks all. :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: UPDATE: Clarence is still really sick

:'( Get better Mr C and stop eating yucky stuff. Thinking of you and your Mommy.
    Katie and Boo

Oh no ... I had just finished reading your first post with the updates. I'm sorry he's so sick. Hope he'll be on the road to recovery soon.

(Black string? -- have you checked shoelaces, fringed rugs, sweaters, stuffed toys...)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Poor Clarence. I hope he's feeling better tomorrow. Can you get some bubble gum flavored pedialyte and make ice cubes from that?

Laura

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts Clarence is better soon.
    I know how worried you must be.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Ooo, Pedialyte, good idea. No human kids here yet so we don't have any but maybe I'll run out and get some. Yes, I checked shoes, toys, clothing--nothing is missing. SU saw the string (the vet showed him that but not the x-rays!) and he couldn't tell where it had come from.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Come on, Clarence. Lots of Peeps and pooches pulling for you.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for your boy...
    Brenda from Connecticut

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Just catching this... Sending lots of good thoughts for our Clarence. I hope he feels much better soon.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Sending prayers for Clarence's recovery.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast