Help...gas?

Thread: Help...gas?

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp...gas?

About once a month, Boomer gets what I can only imagine to be painful gas. He paces and pants, paces and pants. He won't poop on a walk (but seems excited to GO on the walk). He doesn't turn away treats or anything...so as far as I can tell, he's not feeling sick.

I usually kind of pat him like you would a baby, massage his sides a little, and after awhile he either belches or farts, and it's over with.

I just HATE it when he's like this though, it makes me nervous, and I know it must hurt him. Is there anything I can do for him to either relieve this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help...gas?

The few times Auggie has gotten this condition I have given her two Gas-X gell caps and she looks and acts more comfortable in about 10 minutes.

I got that particular 'tip' from labby's Woodhaven articles site:

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/home.html
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Thank you! I just ran to Walgreens and picked up some infant/child's gas relief drops. I checked the label and it contains Simethicone. I gave him a couple squirts with the eye dropper (LOVE that it came with an eye dropper)...so we'll see if it kicks in soon.

Also...bookmarking that page. Thanks so much!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

This happened to Rush and we spent $295 for the e-vet to tell us she had gas and our vet told us Pepto or Gas X would have done the trick. DUH, we use it on our old fox terrier for her upset tummy. I think we had our heads up our butts on that one. : : Oh well at least we knew she didn't have bloat.

debjen is offline Senior Member

I use the chewable gas-x for Riley..he gets one with each meal as he has bloated twice and has always been a gassy dog..There is also an acupuncture spot on their leg that if you massage helps to relieve gas..I've used it and it really does...don't have your head too close to the rear when you use it..LOL

http://www.greatdanelady.com/article..._and_bloat.htm