might sound weird...(probably not) What kind of poop scoop do you use?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: might sound weird...(probably not) What kind of poop scoop do you use?

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Defaultmight sound weird...(probably not) What kind of poop scoop do you use?

I've been using the S.A.S.I scoop that i got at petsmart several years ago, and it broke
    http://scoopa.fatcow.com/cgi-bin/sho...html&product=1

Petsmart doesn't have them anymore, and they're back ordered online (have been for 2 weeks now since I placed the order).

Do you have something that is simple and that you like? I tried the whole garden shovel thing, and I'm not a fan, and I don't like the "claw" types either.

Suggestions? Reviews? Links?

TIA!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: might sound weird...(probably not) What kind of poop scoop do you use?

Ok you might think this is gross but I use a rubber glove and dump it all in a bucket. Then I empty the bucket in the field behind our house. I used to put a bag in it but then DUH it hit me that I didn't have to dispose of it in the garbage, i could toss it behind our lot. I just wash it when I'm finished and it's ready to go again. I have often wondered about getting a real poop scoop but by picking it up with a glove, I get a better view of it and we all know how we watch our dog's poop for trouble. ;D

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: might sound weird...(probably not) What kind of poop scoop do you use?

Call me gross too!! ;D On walks its a plastic bag and my hand (inside the plastic bag!!! :). I put the bags in a plant container until garbage day. I just can't be bothered hauling around a "tool". I have my hands full with her and my cell phone/keys.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

None, they go far enough out in the field. Plastic shopping bag if I am at a dog show

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I want a field

Haha I'm talking in my backyard...on walks I use the biodegradable blue bags
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I scoot a newspaper under her butt, she poops, I gather the edges and throw it in a plastic bag. I love my dog, but not the texture of her poop. :-X
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

guinnysmom is offline Senior Member

Trowel and plastic bag...on walks just the bag...

I have one of the claw type ones I like it. I pick it up and put it in a bag then in the trash. We got one of the Doggie dooly things (kind of a septic tank for their poo) last summer it worked ok but we should have got the bigger one with two big dogs it got to full so we can't use it all the time.

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

I use a flower digger to nudge it onto an old roofing shovel and then pitch it in our field.

Brookville, Pa.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Nothing fancy here... I use a small shovel, like one for planting and a bucket with an old plastic bag in it.

Flip dem turds in the bucket, leave it behind the shed. Once a week, it gets tied shut & tossed into the garbage can at the curb.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast