Does your dog stick to you like velcro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog stick to you like velcro?

Gene Guest

DefaultDoes your dog stick to you like velcro?

Zoey doesn't, but Merlot is like a magnet. Every move I make, every room I'm in, he's there. Bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc, he has to be right at my feet. I like it, but DW thinks it's a little weird,(I think she's just jealous). Even when I'm driving, if the windows are up, his head is on my shoulder, looking out the windshield. Just wondering if others have a velcro dog?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Does your dog stick to you like velcro?

One word....YES!!! Dakota will follow me all over. Even when I run in to the bathroom for a quick..you know what..he lays down..and 2 seconds later..up he is..and after me again. I feel bad when he lays down and then has to get up right away. He even lays across my feet sometimes, when I'm washing dishes. LOL
    Jackie

Jonah does. I feel bad moving from room to room when he's sleeping, because I know he's going to wake up and follow me! Often he actually has to be touching me, laying down right next to my foot.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Kody sticks to me like glue. I can't take two steps across the room without him following. I love the bond we have. But I feel bad when he gets up just to lay right back down again. My wife sounds a bit like yours Gene. I am convinced it's jealousy.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Lexi is not a velcro dog all the time, but there are times when she is!

Like right now, I am in my guest room/office working (ok, posting here) & she is in the living room sleeping on her chair. When I go out there for lunch, she'll follow me all over. After lunch she'll come hang in the office with me for bit, but eventually motors back out to the living room.

I think it depends on her mood.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

bibber is offline Senior Member

Sam does, Bodie doesn't.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Mocha does most of the time. Late in the evenings if she's sleeping sometimes she will stay there other than that she's wherever I am. I don't let her in the bathroom but she whines outside the door until I get done. :

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Yup, especially when I'm fixing a meal It is kind of frustrating to have to wade through the bodies, then I look in their eyes and see the love (and hope of some morsel dropped on the floor :) and continue to wade through the bodies.
    I can't imagine what people with 3 or more dogs do!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

From previous JL threads on this over the years, I gather that males are typically more Velcro-like than females although there are occasional exceptions.

My Puff (female) is halfway in between.

She usually doesn't like me to be in another room for long or out of sight but usually is comfortable if she can see me.

BUT when I'm in bed, whether to sleep, read, type, etc., she wants to be right beside me, touching me. At the moment, I'm sitting up in bed typing on my laptop and Puff is curled up in a tight C, pressing against my left calf.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Murray and Essy are both velcro dogs. Murray has to be touching me. In fact, I knew Murray was sick when he didn't follow me from room to room. Essy likes to lay where I can fall over her most easily. Cricket is her own dog. She is content to be near me or off getting into trouble, err doing her own thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast