Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest. Invention. Ever.

DefaultGreatest. Invention. Ever.

maybe i'll get a video

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Greatest. Invention. Ever.

Is that a laser pointer? Sorry, I'm clueless. I'm just thinking of what we used to do with our poor cats, making them chase the light all over the place. Many good laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFurBaby
    Is that a laser pointer? Sorry, I'm clueless. I'm just thinking of what we used to do with our poor cats, making them chase the light all over the place. Many good laughs.

Yep a laser pointer.

Our BIIG yard + energetic dog + laser pointer = cheap entertainment

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

I'll seocnd that- Caleb loves our laser pointer. Ours looks different, tho- it's a little black rectangle, kind of like the remote for remote locks on cars (Ken was given it by some client company years ago).

Although Mocha goes crazy for that thing too I've been told it's not a good idea with dogs. It can cause them to become kind of OCD about moving lights. I know Mocha goes crazy when we get a flash light out now which is so annoying she tries to attack the light and the flashlight itself making any type of power outage really stressful for her because she's trying to catch the light.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Don't do it. Those things can make a dog absolutely neurotic about chasing any light source. Bad, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    Don't do it. Those things can make a dog absolutely neurotic about chasing any light source. Bad, bad idea.
    Yep, please don't do this!

So... ummm, it's makes them just want to chase other lights? Please elaborate.

As I said with Mocha it's the flashlight but I can see her doing it with a candle I was carrying or a flashing strobe light, or anything else like that. It's not just that she chases it though she's crazy about it and won't quit tries to bite the flashlight and stuff. I can't imagine if I was out camping and she tried to go after someone elses or something.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I have also heard stories about the laser pointer making certain dogs OCD about lights. They would become fixated on house lights in the distance, car lights, construction lights, flashlights, you name it. I don't play with Theo with the laser pointer for that reason. Our cat loves it, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast