Clarence ate something and now he's throwiing up-UPDATE #3-TALKED TO VET
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarence ate something and now he's throwiing up-UPDATE #3-TALKED TO VET

DefaultClarence ate something and now he's throwiing up-UPDATE #3-TALKED TO VET

UDATE #3: SU talked to the vet. Clarence is a little better, he threw up some string. I'm thinking maybe he snatched an ornament when I was putting them away the other day....He'll come home in a bit. Will post later when I talk to SU more in depth.

UPDATE #2:
    Just talked to the vet. Clarence is still on fluids and a little sad. No obstruction seen on the X-ray but A LOT OF GAS in his tummy. So, they're going to give him a laxative and see if that moves some stuff out and take some more x-rays in a few hours. Bloodwork looks good. Still don't know if he's going to come home tonight or not. The vet said he would send him home with an antibiotic just in case he ate something yucky/bacterial. He asked me if he could have gotten into candy or something outside and I said not that I know of. (guess he thought the same thing about the foil) Maybe the little guy got into something at doggy daycare...Thanks for all the good thoughts, keep 'em coming for awhile longer... :-\

UPDATE:
    So, SU and I were up all night with poor Clarence. He threw up about every two hours, twice each time. The last time he threw up it was pink. My first thought was blood but SU said it didn't look like blood to him. Clarence drank a little water and came back to bed with us. He was very lethargic this morning, he didn't even come downstairs when I opened the "magic door"--the pantry where his food and treats are kept, he usually comes running when he hears that door. He went outside to poop and had the squirts. SU took him to the vet (his usual one) right when they opened this morning. SU said he didn't even really wag his tail when they got there (and he LOVES it there). His tummy was tender to the touch and he was dehydrated, so they put him on a fluid IV and are going to do X-rays and blood work. The vet metioned pancreatitis or a blockage (my thought last night). So they're going to do all that stuff and call us later. Hopefully the poor pup will feel a little better after some fluids. Please continue sending good thoughts for him, he's had tummy issues since he was little but nothing this serious. :'( I'm a very very very worried doggie mom right now. :-[ Thanks.

Today we left him home alone, uncrated for the whole day as a test. I was the last to leave, and made sure there wasn't anything on the floor he could get at. I gated him in our bedroom with a Kong and left. Got home, we fed him dinner and about 10 mins. later he threw up all his dinner, undigested. About 2 hours later, he threw up again. This time it was mostly bile but there was a small piece of red foil in it. We have no idea where that came from. About an hour later, he threw up again. This time white thick stuff. He drank some water and went to his doggy bed. I wanted to go to the E-vet but he seems to have settled down, so SU will take him in the morning. I hope it's not a blockage...I can't figure out what he ate and where that red foil came from. And we thought he passed his "home alone" test with flying colors! Think "no blockage" thoughts for us. :-[

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Clarence ate something and now he's throwiing up

Oy, how scary. I hope he's alright and whatever he ingested will just pass through one way or the other. Poor guy. This is my biggest fear, as a soon-to-be new lab owner.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts are at your door. Hope he slept well through the night and is back to his old self this morning.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

Thats the thing with labs. They find things to digest where there is nothing! Its scary how they are able to find stuff. Sending good thoughts your way. No Blockage!!!!

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts! Hope hes ok today.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Hopefully he's feeling better this morning.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Hope Clarence is better this morning!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

How's Clarence doing this morning, Leigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceMom
    And we thought he passed his "home alone" test with flying colors! Think "no blockage" thoughts for us. :-[
    JJ has done that a couple of times, just spontaneously thrown up. Labs are notorious for finding things and into the mouth it goes. The breeder told me as long as it is not a regular occurance the thowing up isn't anything to worry about, just an indication that something she ate didn't agree with her. One time she gagged herself playing with her hind foot, got the whole thing up to her ankle in there, it was hysterical to watch until.... :-X.
    We thought JJ was ready to be out of the crate too....until she ate the end of the bottom of the Boston rocker. DH was able to trim the end and shape it so unless someone knows it was there they wouldn't know. Now if we could just say the same for the Windsor footboard on the bed. She is now crated when we are not home, she doesn't like it but until she is a little older that is how it is going to be.

Will keep fingers crossed that Clarence is ok.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

How is he doing this morning?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast