Does anyone live near me?

Thread: Does anyone live near me?

DefaultDoes anyone live near me?

I live in north central Ohio just outside Bucyrus. I have been reading the forms about how important it is for dogs to be around other dogs to learn to act proper and I have no dog people in my family or small circle of friends. I sure would like to introduce Beau to some dogs because I want him to be well socialized. Beau is a little over 5 mo. old and has had his shots and just got neutered. Gee I feel like I am putting Beau on a dating site . Would like to hear from those near by.

I see by reading I am having the same problems as others with Labs Beau's age. The typical over active pup that likes to jump and chew but overall he is doing pretty well with his training.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone live near me?

I would take him to a puppy obedience class near you. That's a great way for him to meet new dogs/people.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Seriously, check for puppy classes, or basic obedience classes near you. You will get some great training help and socialization even if you are not really interested in serious training. Also do a websearch for a Lab Club or Dog Park in your area.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes I plan to do the trainning class but it dosen't start until March. The lady at the shelter where i got him charges $30 for 6 weeks and Petco charges $100 so I am waiting.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Here's a link to a list of dog parks/off leash areas in Ohio, you should meet lots of dogs/people there:
    http://www.ecoanimal.com/dogfun/ohio.html
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Thank you very much I checked it out. Very helpful.

patm is offline Senior Member

I live in SE Ohio, but that is pretty far away from you. I do pass by Bucyrus on the way home to my parents. There is a club near there that puts on an obedience show each year, and also an all breed club that has a conformation show. The training club is the Tarhe All Breed Traing Club, but I don't think they have a website. I'll PM you with the president of the other club and give you his phone number - he should be able to hook you up with someone from the training club.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I agree with Pat...see if there is a dog club or lab club near you & join. Clubs usually have alot of activities for dogs & it is a good way to socialize.