eeep! boarding costs!....but they are worth it.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eeep! boarding costs!....but they are worth it.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Defaulteeep! boarding costs!....but they are worth it.

We will be traveling this Spring for a week.and I just made reservations... I wish I had someone I really trusted to stay with the dogs for a week, but since I don't, they go play-and-stay at the training/boarding facility we go to. Not ideal, since Lucy has become quite the homebody but they will be well cared for and it is familiar to them (staff and the facility).

600$ for the week! That included daycare everyday and extra walks on the weekend, but holy crap, I never get used to the sticker shock.

I am very envious of those of you that have dog loving family close by that care for your pups when you are away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: eeep! boarding costs!....but they are worth it.

Um, we could be convinced to come down to NH for a week to house- & dog-sit!! LOL!

Seriously, I feel your pain. My SIL's sister I can count on for short trips, but her schedule is way too wacky for anything longer than a weekend!

I feel your pain. Should we ever go away for a "real" vacation it's going to kill me. It won't be that much but it'll be a lot.

Oh well. It's unlikely that we'll be doing a "real" vacation any time soon anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

HOLY CRAP!!! That's a lot of bean! Ah well, what are you gonna do, right? They're worth it.
    Where ya goin' on vaca?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

OMG that's crazy!!! I guess it's worth it for the peace of mind but WOWZA!
    We are VERY fortunate that my parents Love Mocha and Zeus and the inlaws watch Smeagol most weekends anyway so they take him. If we go somewhere with one or the other our neighbor would watch them for us (probably at our house). My parents live an hour and a half away but we meet half way to drop off and pick up so it's not to terrible and it's SO worth it for the peace of mind.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Felicia and Henery?? Lucy and Cricket would think they had died and gone to heaven!
    :P

going to Captiva, FL for a week. It is turning out to be a VERY expensive trip. Airfare is out of this world.
    Won't be going anywhere else anytime soon.

I could get it down in price if I only do daycare every other day, which I may do anyway because it might be too much for Lucy.

My sister lives close by and I always care for their dog Ruby when they travel but I don't leave my dogs with her and her husband. They have a dog but they are not dog people.
    They can't handle them. My mom loves my dogs and would probably stay here with them, but getting them up and down the stairs for let-outs would be too risky. My mom isn't too steady on her feet anymore.
    for those who board...what does it cost you generally?

WOW!!

Around here (DFW texas) i pay $38 bucks a day, and that includes 7:30AM-6:30PM all day daycare so the dogs are out playing all day....which is $20 by itself.

is there just no competition where you live that it's that expensive??

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

$600/week?

Official Notice.

At Home Doggy Daycare effective 2009 (Projected Retirement)
    $600/week

At your home.
    Play companion included (Hershey Kisses)
    Maps to local dog parks required, with water access preferred.
    No Credit Cards, cash only.
    Significant discounts available to Just Labradors members

Forget the Doggie Wash idea
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Too bad you aren't driving down, I'd say bring them and they can stay with me and Riley while you vacation!!! We're probably about 1 1/2 hours away on the east coast.

We're very lucky, whenever we go out of town, my in-laws and sister fight over who gets to take care of Riley. The in-laws usually win, though, because they live on a huge lake; I don't think Riley even misses us while we are gone!!!

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Wow, that seems like a lot. But I am with you. I dont have anyone I would trust to take care of him like I would. When we go out of town we board Mambo at his doggy day care resort. I pay 210.00 for 7 days with full day of daycare. They toss in extras since they just love him so much. Like pool parties are slumber parties.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast