I know I shouldn't be posting this here, but I'm getting very worried
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know I shouldn't be posting this here, but I'm getting very worried

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

DefaultI know I shouldn't be posting this here, but I'm getting very worried

I posted this in H&N, but I thought I might get more responses here.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,66824.0.html

Bottom line, Riley is putting no weight on her right hind leg, there are no bumps or anything obviously wrong that I can see and I was with her the entire weekend and she didn't do anything that I can think of that would have injured it. She is clearly in a lot of pain, even 2 hours after I gave her Rimadyl. I'm going to sleep downstairs with her tonight so she doesn't attempt the stairs again (she fell up them earlier today), but is there anything at all I might try to make her more comfortable before our dr. appt tomorrow? I hope I'm just overreacting and tomorrows diagnosis will be something minor, but right now I could just cry. Thanks and sorry for being so flipping neurotic :-\.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: I know I shouldn't be posting this here, but I'm getting very worried

You are not neurotic! I would be a basket case too thinking about all the what ifs. But she is a lab therefore she could have done any number of things to that leg while you weren't looking. They are like the "Flash"!! I sure hope she feels better soon so you both can get some sleep. But please give us an update after you see the vet! Sending healing thoughts your way.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I know I shouldn't be posting this here, but I'm getting very worried

Post away, I would. Can you tell where she is hurting..foot, ankle, hip? Does she let you bend her leg (slowly though)? Could there be something in her paw that is hurting and not letting her put her weight down?

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Poor Riley.

Will she let you palpate her hip/leg/foot?

Hoping that she's just strained a muscle or something, and that it's nothing too serious! Keep us updated, K?

have you checked her pads?

A split pad after alot of action kept my boy with a pretty nasty looking limp for a day or 2...

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Hopefully the vet will be able to give her something for the discomfort and cure what's ailing her. Good thoughts for her and I'll look for an update tomorrow!

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Earlier today she let me move her leg both back and forth and in and out, but now she cries so I'm leaving it be. I checked her pads, all good, and ran my fingers in between to make sure nothing was stuck, nothing. She's holding the leg way high off the floor, so I'm thinking the pain is higher in her haunch, not in the foot. This has progressed so quickly in less than 24 hours and that has me freaking, but maybe that's a good sign? Could a strained muscle behave like this and progress like this?

This is my 2nd lab and I've been through obstructions, a fish hook through the lip (yup), and cancer - MCT and spleen/liver, but nothing like this.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts for Riley. I hope it is just a strained muscle. I will look for your update after the vet see her.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts and prayers the vet visit will turn up nothing serious. I'd be worried too. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts.

If Erns strains a muscle he holds the leg up, so hopefully it is nothing more than this.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast