Jake Update

Thread: Jake Update

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultJake Update

He did a jail break today! He seemed to be getting better with the crate but I went and took ROCKY for a run and eek! bad idea. he is ok, the house is ok...didn't touch anything nor did he pee!! yay This crate training thing would probably be going VERY well if not for the darn cone.

He is walking MUCH better with the Lupi. He seems to understand the concept - I honestly don't think he would need alot of training.

I don't think he was exercised much at all though - he is quite stiff (especially if he really is only 5). It's something I may ask the vet (If it is me that brings him to have his stitches checked).

a few more photos:

Rocky is teaching him well

Umm guys...where do I sit?

abit of wrestling

um - Rocky...watch the stiches!

"I throw my teddy at you!"

Rocky goes down!

Um...a little help here mom?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Jake Update

Awww....I was wondering about Jake today and wondered how Rocky and Jake were getting along. Just fine, it appears!!!

I copied/pasted one of the first photos you posted of Jake and emailed it to my hubby with a brief story on how Jake came to you. He emailed me back - "Poor guy. He's really nice looking....but why are you torturing yourself?" (This is the third email I have sent him recently with pics/stories about dogs who need a home....subtle hints, no?!)

I would so love to adopt Jake but promised myself I wouldn't do this until Dwayne is back here in the summer. If I were able to take him, I'd make sure his former owner got to see him often (if the senior's home was open to that idea). Sigh. STOP POSTING PHOTOS OF HIM, TANYA!!!!!! ;D

Bev.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Bev - maybe you know someone who might be interested (that way you could see him sometimes!)

anyhoo the website for the rescue is: http://www.hopefulhearts.ca/ please share with everyone and everyone And if you ever feel like torturing yourself some more I will post pics of Jake here:
    http://tanyag.smugmug.com/gallery/4114674#239949456

OH and Jake is the one that initiates all play here!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh man. This is killing me. Must. stop. looking. (I sent another email to my husband. If I keep this up, he'll be adding me to his blocked senders list! ;D)

I will mention this to a co-worker, she is more nuts about dogs than me. She'd love a second dog but her current pooch is over 10 yrs old, in declining health due to hip problems and would not be too receptive to another canine in the house. However, my co-worker has a friend who recently had to have her dog PTS and she might be ready to adopt a rescue such as Jake.

I'll let you know. I've bookmarked the site!

Bev.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Awww!! THIS is why I could never foster, I would fail hardcore.

Looks like you're doing a great job with him Tanya, and he looks like such a good looking and sweet guy!! I hope he finds a great home.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Awww they are having so much fun! Glad hes doing so well!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Hey Tanya,

Showed the pics to my co-worker today and she is going to talk to her friend who recently had her dog PTS. My co-worker would LOVE to take him but isn't sure how her current dog would feel. As she described her dog, "She's a grumpy old lady."

I'll let you know if her friend is interested. As a side note, the second email with photo I sent my husband? He totally blew it off I guess because I never even received an acknowledgement from him!!! Jerk. :P

Bev.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

He sure is a pretty boy. Glad things are going well with him!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member