Bad Dad! Kennel. NOW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Dad! Kennel. NOW

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultBad Dad! Kennel. NOW

This is a bit of a cross post. The little dialog in the second section is very close to word for word of what transpired at t he vets office this afternoon.

I posted this early today form the office. Got a few response that basically confirmed what I was thinking.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hershey Kisses, 1 year old.
    Normal day yesterday, nothing unusual.

About 8:30 last night, I notice what I think is her third eyelid, pinkish thing that seems to come up from the bottom of the eye, is covering close to half her eye. Doesn't seem to bother her, no rubbing or scratching. I try to hold eye open to look and after a few blinks it seems to go back to wherever it usually is. A few minutes later, it is back. I put some ointment in both her eyes before bedtime, stuff vet gave me when she had pink eye about a month ago.

This morning, when she was doing her normal early morning rub the goop out of my eyes against the sofa, I examined to find the third eye lid covering some of her eye again. By the time she got done with feeding and early morning walk, it appeared normal again.

Should I be headed for vet right away? Giving it some time to resolve itself, another day, couple days? Home care type recommendations? Any insight on what I might be trying to describe?
    ----------------------------------------------
    I put this up in response after getting home from the vet
    =================================================

Bad Dad! Bad! Kennel! NOW!

Got home and saw some improvement, but not comfortable. Visit to the vet. I love these guys and gals. They squeeze me in.

So, Ed! This looks like conjunctivitis/pink eye, just like last time. Did you apply the ointment for 7 days, and make sure you got it on the eyeball surface.

Well! I got it on the eyeball, every time. But she really didn't like the process so when it appeared to be all cleared up after 3 days, I figured why put her through it for 4 more days

Well, Ed, this is why. She needs it for 7 consectutive days. If you stop after three, she has to start new for 7 consectutive days. See, now she has to put up with you for 10 days total. Please apologize to Ms. Kisses (their name for her) now. Do you promise to put the ointment on for 7 consecutive days, 3 times a day?

Okay! Okay! You made your point. 7 days.

Lets make sure you are clear on this. This is the Monday afternoon (Jan 7th) dose. Another one tonight at bedtime, and then 3 each day until next Monday, (Jan 14th) when she gets a morning dosage. Do you have it? Would you like me to write it down for you?

Bad Dad! Kennel. NOW
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bad Dad! Kennel. NOW

Bad Daddy. BAD!!

hehehehe

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Bad Daddy, Bed with no dinner tonight!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

And how much did this lesson cost ya?

Glad to hear that HK will be on the road to recovery (if Dad can remember to give her medication for 7 days!) ;D

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Wow, that's like, 21 applications! ;D
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

No treats for you, dad!!

Keep it coming, I deserve it. Must be a sadist posting it when I know I should be beat up for it.

Tube of ointment (I don't remeber what its called and its not close) has more than enough left from original prescription, so it only cost me $49.50 to be chastized. Not bad really, DW will continue the chastizing for the next days. i.e. DW will be in the kitchen when I apply the ointment tonight. A while later when I start to go upstairs to bed, 'Did you put the ointment in Hershey Kisses eyes tonight?' will ring in my ears.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

labby is offline Senior Member

*putting a new battery in the e-collar*

Here Ed, here Ed!

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    *putting a new battery in the e-collar*

Here Ed, here Ed!
    Ouch! Ouch! Hey! That wasn't nice. I am doing what I have been told now. Your only supposed to use that thing when I forget and am not paying attention. The least you could do is turn it down a couple numbers. I know I can't talk you into just using the tone button. That hurt. I probably deserve it.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Bad Dad!

<steps on soapbox>

On a more serious note, this is a good way to create antibiotic resistant bacteria. The weaker more susceptible bacteria get kill on the short dose and the stronger more resistant ones are now thriving. Multiple antibiotic resistant bacteria are a huge problem these days with big Pharmaceuticals focussing on drugs for chronic diseases and not on new antibiotics. Drugs for chronic diseases are expensive and must be taken for a long period of time. Antibiotics in theory are only taken short-term and the patent runs out after a few years.

<steps off soapbox>
    Was contemplating not posting this, but since we're punishing you, you might as well know why!

I'm sure HK will be okay. Just remember to give her the entire dose this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast