I was wondering....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was wondering....

JodiB74 is offline Member

DefaultI was wondering....

Do any of your pups have wavy or course hair on their back? Tuck's hair is so course near his tail that it's frizzy. He looks like he needs some conditioner and a straightening iron. LOL We brush him regularly. He is pure and we did select our breeder very carefully. I've just never seen a lab with so much course hair. He is gorgeous though if I do say so myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: I was wondering....

My first lab had very coarse hair on her back although it wasn't abnormally thick. Right now Maggie has her puppy coat so I will have to wait and see! :-\ :-\

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Both Kai and Samm have wavy hair down the back. Samm's is particularly coarse and kind of scruffy at times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

A lab is supposed to have a coarser coat and many have a wave down the back. Sounds like your boy has a proper coat

Mine do! Especially Ginger.

JodiB74 is offline Member

Oh thank you thank you. We took Tucker to the pet store on Saturday and some big dummy head (I'm being nice) lady who was represting a dog food brand there says to me,"Gee, his coat looks matted." I said, "Actually he's just been bathed and brused. Well ma'am from the research I have done, it says that courser coats are more prominent in labs used for field trials and hunting. I think it's ok." She proceeds to tell me,"I bet he has a lot of dry skin. He's real itchy huh?" I say,"No not at all."
    Once we got home I started to think about it and it started to bother me so here I am asking for opinions. LOL
    Thanks for easing my mind. I'd love this guy if he had purple spiked fur with pink polka dots. ;D I just thought she was kinda rude and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about giving her the answer that I did.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Yup, Rowan has a thick, wavy coat!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    A lab is supposed to have a coarser coat and many have a wave down the back. Sounds like your boy has a proper coat
    Correct.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JodiB74
    Oh thank you thank you. We took Tucker to the pet store on Saturday and some big dummy head (I'm being nice) lady who was represting a dog food brand there says to me,"Gee, his coat looks matted." I said, "Actually he's just been bathed and brused. Well ma'am from the research I have done, it says that courser coats are more prominent in labs used for field trials and hunting. I think it's ok." She proceeds to tell me,"I bet he has a lot of dry skin. He's real itchy huh?" I say,"No not at all."
    Once we got home I started to think about it and it started to bother me so here I am asking for opinions. LOL
    Thanks for easing my mind. I'd love this guy if he had purple spiked fur with pink polka dots. ;D I just thought she was kinda rude and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about giving her the answer that I did.
    Ugh I hate those people! She was probably gearing you up to launch her "feed our food it will fix all your dry skin woes" spiel. : :-X

Your boy sounds good looking to me!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Yup..Tal has a wavy streak down his back. He's almost 18 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast