1st hydrotherapy session
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st hydrotherapy session

Default1st hydrotherapy session

Hello!
    So as you know Bobbie had her first hydrotherapy session today. It was fantastic!! Bobbie was so happy alllllll the way there, alllll the way waiting while we were doing the paperwork, alllllll the way in her lifejacket, not so much having a shower but then..........wow! She got to go in the water, I thought her tail was going to wag off

Seriously the hydrotherapist was really happy with her, said she used the leg so well and it was a very good first session. She only swam for a couple of mins and we have to see how the leg responds to the exercise so they can assess further treatment. Apparantly there is 7cm difference in muscle mass so she is going to need alot of work. 10 sessions app.

I love how sociable my girl is. She had absolutely no problem being there and trusting the other people. She is so special, well I think so anyway!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 1st hydrotherapy session

Aww, what a good girl Bobbie is!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am so glad to hear the therapy session went wll. Good girl Bobbie.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Glad she enjoyed it! Hope she makes good improvement, although it sounds like she won't complain if she has to do it for awhile!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Of course she is special. I believe that every one of us believe that our dog(s) are special. That is why we try to treat them as well as we possibly can. Also belive that we think every dog is special and that is why we get so upset over some of the stories of abuse and abandonment.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Aaaww Bobbie, i'm so pleased your first session went well and you enjoyed yourself, it's a bonus if you can have fun and get fit at the same time~

Hi Rach, glad your baby is on the mend. Where abouts is the hydro pool you're going to is it in Birmingham? It's a bit better than a swim in the cut like my lot do in the summer~lol

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Quote Originally Posted by Kate2jays
    Aaaww Bobbie, i'm so pleased your first session went well and you enjoyed yourself, it's a bonus if you can have fun and get fit at the same time~

Hi Rach, glad your baby is on the mend. Where abouts is the hydro pool you're going to is it in Birmingham? It's a bit better than a swim in the cut like my lot do in the summer~lol
    It's in Tamworth. http://www.hawksmoorhydrotherapy.com...py/facilities/ is the link. There are ones closer to where we live but this is the closest one that the insurance will cover. It has good reviews though and after yesterday we are really happy with them.

pj

aww, so glad to hear bobbie's first session went so well!
    continued good thoughts for her therapy and recovery!

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Excellent news !! Keep it up Bobbie !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Glad Bobbie's enjoying her hydro, Indie hates hers, although it has done her the world of good. She's not able to go at the moment as she's in season, but here's a pic of her frantically swimming away:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast