Neutered - what to do about Cone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neutered - what to do about Cone?

Augustmom0003 Guest

DefaultRe: Neutered - what to do about Cone?

I made Guinness' crate bigger (with the divider) and he did just fine with the cone in the crate. That's the only time I really made him wear it too. The vet said as long as I was with him and kept a close eye on him, I could take it off. I ALWAYS have my eye on THAT boy! He likes to steal things and run, so I don't have much choice He did absolutely fine in the crate, though. I quickly learned how to turn and lay down with it on. He even learned how to lay down and chew on his bone with it on. Good luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Augustmom0003 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Augustmom0003
    I made Guinness' crate bigger (with the divider) and he did just fine with the cone in the crate. That's the only time I really made him wear it too. The vet said as long as I was with him and kept a close eye on him, I could take it off. I ALWAYS have my eye on THAT boy! He likes to steal things and run, so I don't have much choice He did absolutely fine in the crate, though. I quickly learned how to turn and lay down with it on. He even learned how to lay down and chew on his bone with it on. Good luck!

Oooops...I meant *HE* quickly learned how to turn and lay down with it on. Not me! lol!

Kodi did just fine in a crate with a cone on when a muskrat bit her in the eyelid. She could turn around just fine. Just because your pup whined in the crate does not necessarily mean he is not crate capable

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

thanks guys

do they sell any of those smaller version of the elizabethan collars (one is like a neck brace, and the other like the link posted by luke from georgia at stores or are they order only?

how long did you use the cones for (he has regular stiches)? They said TWO WEEKS?!!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

Tanya, when Digger was neutered, he never seemed interested in his stiches, until I left for work. I didn't use the cone in the crate b/c he couldn't move with the cone on, so I took the cone off, and he chewed through 2 set of stiches and a set of staples. :-\
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12