What do you use to groom(brush) you labs?

Thread: What do you use to groom(brush) you labs?

DefaultWhat do you use to groom(brush) you labs?

I have been using a zoom groom to brush my dogs as my lab mix Maddy will not let you use anything else but with Sydney I am constantly sweeping up little black pets. I saw somone at class had a furminator and wondered if that was good to use on a lab or if something else was better. I am going to try to keep the dog hair down some(although I know it will be difficult) as I am now watching my nephew and sooner or later I would like to put him on the floor without him always eating dog hair. LOL. Alittle dog hair won't hurt.

Thanks

Jenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What do you use to groom(brush) you labs?

I think/heard/believe that the furminator can take too much of the undercoat. I'm sure someone on here can educate you more on that. I use a slicker brush,Zoom Groom or regular pin brush depending on the time of year. I try not to disturb the undercoat during the cold seasons because we spend some time outdoors.

The zoom groom sends my two into a full body wiggle. They really like the zoom groom. The regular pin type brush I use the most often. I've given up years ago on a hair free house. Vacuum vacuum vacuum
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

The zoom groom. Works really well, then I take the vacuum over his behind to get the strays. The brush attachment not the vacuum!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I use a pin brush and it sends Eddie to sleep1 It is the only groomig tool that Eddie likes! Fanny enjoys it too but does not fall asleep.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Furminator
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

I used to use a comb and brush and brush till my arm fell off.
    I recently bought the furminator and would love some feedback on what others think... does it take too much undercoat out? The first time i used it i was amazed at what it took out, fluffy , not like regular hair.

thanks
    jacqui and tiller

I use a zoom groom and a shedding blade. Mocha pretty much just needs to zoom groom but Zeus's hair is more course and the shedding blade works better when he's really blowing coat.

We brush and comb them when they're moulting, but other than that they get the odd hoover when they get in the way, they're just naturally shiny.