Females in season...out and off the leash
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Females in season...out and off the leash

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultFemales in season...out and off the leash

:

Ok, I have met some dog-owning idiots in my time. In fact, I've met way more than I care to remember. But this morning I met the biggest idiot yet. A woman with not one but FOUR Springer Spaniels, all off the leash, with two in FULL season. I couldn't quite believe it.

I noticed that my boys were taking an extra interest in the two Spaniels. Womans response? "Oh, they are in season, dear". After composing myself, I suggested that she put them on the leash, as there were other dog walkers about. Woman: "*laughs* Oh, no, no, dear. I am not putting them on the lead. They need to run".

So, woman toddles off, with both dogs running loose. I continue walking. Meet another dog walker heading our way. Guy with another black Lab. We stop to chat briefly when one of the in-season Spaniels comes hurtling towards us. No wacky owner lady in sight. The other black Lab (owned by man) is intact. Spaniel THROWS herself at this black Lab. I have to literally jump on Spaniel to restrain her, while keeping my boys away. Other black Lab is lusting for Spaniel. I grab a leash and put Spaniel on it.

5 minutes later owner of the Spaniel shows up. Cool as a cucumber. Argument between man and Spaniel owner begins.

Man: "You took a dog who is in full season and let her off the lead?"
    Woman: "Yes, yes. She needs to run. Your dog is intact. It is not my problem".
    Man: "Of course my ******* dog is intact. He has rights".
    Woman: "It is not my problem you can't control your dog".

...and argument was still going on as I walked off.

Peoples stupidity amazes me sometimes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Females in season...out and off the leash

All I can say is :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Her last name must be STUPID!
    OMG, I have never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life. > > >
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I'm not even sure what to say at that - it truly boggles the mind.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Her dog was the one that ran off towards you so how was the other mans dog not in control? Stupid bint! >

<sigh> ignorance and the dogs have to end up suffering! I'm on a I hate people mode right now anyway, after picking up 2 girls last night...both in heat, the older one looks like she's had a zillion litters and the young one has probably had a few herself........it sucks!

I don't even know how to respond. ??? :-\

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

Unfreakinbelievable.

labby is offline Senior Member

Well someone got hit with the stupid stick didn't they.

Laura

patm is offline Senior Member

The only thing worse, or at least as bad is people who tie their intact, in heat female dog up to a dog house 24/7 and then have litter after litter of puppies from whoever might happen by. My co-worker had TWO dogs that had several litters this way, and my neighbors 1 year old lab also had a litter from the local St.Bernard. At least he got her spayed after that litter. :-\

We have two entire bitches that we intend to breed from and we only have one optigen test to go before we've fully health checked both of them. Indie's actually in season at the moment, and we're lucky that we know a couple of enclosed places we can take them, one is a run you can actually book. We're also lucky to have a big garden so we can give them enough exercise at home.
    Now I've no problem with entire boys if they're for a breeding programme, or even if its a conscious decision and they are under control, but what I do have a problem with is entire dog owners that have no control over their dogs whatsoever, and they attempt to hump either of our two when they are not anywhere near season.
    The woman in this instance is very, very wrong, and I don't condone her actions in any way, but as the careful owner of entire bitches I do have to point out there are a lot of owners of entire dogs that just don't worry about their dogs or their behaviour, because they perceive its not their problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast