Fur Management
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fur Management

DefaultFur Management

Shelby sheds. A lot. Sometimes -- and right now, most of the time -- I feel like I'm losing the battle.

Anyone have any cleaning tricks or tips to control the fur? I can honestly say that I don't think there is a place in my house that is untouched.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Fur Management

I don't think there is much that helps tremendously but I give fish oil year round which does seem to help Mocha a lot. When they are blowing coat it seems to help to give them a bath and really rub them down in the bath tub then brush them out really good after. I try to brush them with the sheding blade or zoom groom a few times a week at least when it's this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I don't think there is much that helps tremendously but I give fish oil year round which does seem to help Mocha a lot. When they are blowing coat it seems to help to give them a bath and really rub them down in the bath tub then brush them out really good after. I try to brush them with the sheding blade or zoom groom a few times a week at least when it's this bad.
    She does get fish oil year round, and she has for a long time. I do brush her ... but there is never an ending point where I say "oh gosh, we're done. It's all out." It really never ends.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

Keep the lights turned off?? :P

Swifter is the only thing I can do to manage the hair...and I have 3 of the furry, shedding, fools. The swifter stays out all of the time, throughout the day I will periodically pick it up and push it around a little bit. Plus, I think I have become a LOT more lax in my standards of cleanliness then I used to be. *blush*

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

This is what Lady's mom & I use:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

go to the item 4 down.m
    I've even done it in the house. The fur sticks to the metal and you just take it out and throw it in a plastic bag.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

you can always give Shelby to me! :P no more fur! simple as that.

Honestly I don't know that there is anything you can do.

I have one of those single-coated freaky non-shedding Lab. I wish she had a thicker correct double coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Keep the lights turned off?? :P
    Swifter is the only thing I can do to manage the hair...and I have 3 of the furry, shedding, fools. The swifter stays out all of the time, throughout the day I will periodically pick it up and push it around a little bit. Plus, I think I have become a LOT more lax in my standards of cleanliness then I used to be. *blush*
    Swiffer daily. I can do that. Oh my standards ... well, let's just say they aren't that high to begin with. And I do know that low-light is my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom
    This is what Lady's mom & I use:
    Zoesmom - How often do you use this?

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrock
    you can always give Shelby to me! :P no more fur! simple as that.
    Only if you give me Cricket in exchange! ;D

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

oh no, I wouldn't do that to you! Cricket is a handful! that wouldn't be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrock
    oh no, I wouldn't do that to you! Cricket is a handful! that wouldn't be fair!
    That little beauty? I don't believe it!
    Remember my original post -- I'm sure you'd be returning Shelby before the day was out. :P

I have a single coated Labzilla as well and Scott still b**tches about the shedding. I tell him he's lucky she's not coated correctly. He shop vacs the basement where her crate is, we swiffer the kitchen and vacuum once a week. We have carpet and linoleum that matches the dog so we can get away with that. I don't brush her like I should but when she starts to blow coat I break out the zoom groom and go to town.

Short of shaving them (Scott's parents do that to their Lab - craziness I tell you), I doubt there's anything else you can do. If you find the miracle cure let me know!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast