I am in Big Trouble!

Thread: I am in Big Trouble!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am in Big Trouble!

Back to my old tricks, now that the man in the red suit paid a visit. I figure I have 300 + days to try to do better, so much easier being bad, than good.

Mommy has been practicing saying my name all morning. All I hear is Pitch, Pitch, Pitch. Ok, Mom, I know my name. My brother won't let me chew on his jammies, so mommy says that If I dont' stop bothering him, I will have to get a one way ticket to the Moon. I have never been to the moon before.

Mommy really is mad at me. Daddy just replaced her computer cord that I ate. She spends to much time on that machine. Well I tried to teach her a lesson, and I just chewed the new cord too. Boy she was Reallllllllllly Mad! She said she is going to call Santa and have him take all my presents back. Do you honestly thin kSanta wants all my chewed up toys?

I am trying real hard to be good. Mommy said I am not gonna live long enough to see my 1st Birthday. I guess I better to practice on how to be good.

-Pitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am in Big Trouble!

Oh Pitch! What are we gonna do with you? Have you learned the googly-eyed "I couldn't help myself since I'm just a cute little puppy" look yet? It works wonders on moms and dads!
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Oh! My! Pitch you gotta stop. I never chew the cord to the same thing twice. Need to find other cords to chew. They don't get as mad when you don't repeat on the same thing. How old are you? I stopped doing most of that about a month ago. I will be 1 year old on the 8th.

Momofalab, No expert here, and I don't know if this had an effect or if age just ran its course. When HK stole something or chewed something and I caught her at it, I started yelling at her as loud as I could in the nastiest tone I could muster. The words made no difference, just sounds she didn't want to hear. As I think back about it, it seems to me that one of those screaming sessions with each item, as I cleaned it up, or removed it, solved the problem on that category of thing. i.e. towel from bathroom, towel from kitchen, towel from upstairs bathroom, each a separate thing, but all towels from one room got covered with a single screaming session. DW thought I was nuts until she saw it working. Adults kids know I am nuts so it made no difference.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

Pitch,
    I hear the moon is made of cheese. I bet it would be fun to bounce around all weightless and then eat a lot of cheese. Please send us all pictures of the moon.
    Your friend,
    Boo
    Katie and Boo

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Ed, he is about the same age as your HK. I think his birthday is the 23rd of January, without looking it up, it is around then. My neighbor has 2 dogs, a lab, and a lab X. She wonders if it is because he isn't neutered. He is a good dog. He really is, but I swear, He knows how to test the ropes. With the cold weather, he isn't getting as much exercise as when it was warmer. Yet I don't think that has anything to do with it, since he was doing this before the cold spell hit If I was reading this from anyone else, first thing I would say, need more exercise, obediance training, etc. This dog has been in more obediance classes, and really shines. He leaves class and forgets all he knows. Almost like he likes to "shine" infront of other animals. If that makes sense. When it is just DH and I, he forgets all he knows. GRRR!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    Ed, he is about the same age as your HK. I think his birthday is the 23rd of January, without looking it up, it is around then. My neighbor has 2 dogs, a lab, and a lab X. She wonders if it is because he isn't neutered. He is a good dog. He really is, but I swear, He knows how to test the ropes. With the cold weather, he isn't getting as much exercise as when it was warmer. Yet I don't think that has anything to do with it, since he was doing this before the cold spell hit If I was reading this from anyone else, first thing I would say, need more exercise, obediance training, etc. This dog has been in more obediance classes, and really shines. He leaves class and forgets all he knows. Almost like he likes to "shine" infront of other animals. If that makes sense. When it is just DH and I, he forgets all he knows. GRRR!
    I think we are going through similar issues with similar dogs. I suspect it might be all normal. HK was (and I am very hesitant about using the 'was' word) very similar relative to obedience class and not. I eventually accepted that I was not the same outside of class. i.e. in class I was much better. I didn't want to be embarrassed and was firmer with her. I worked on my behavior with her at home and i think it helped,, again I don't know if her maturing was not a bigger factor. Then sought out other environments (Petsmart, any strip mall with people around, finding places to walk (not dog parks) where we would likely encounter others with dogs. It seems to all be coming together, she is definitely a much better behaved dog that I have ever had. I attribute that to my taking the time to address the issues.

Of course, we have no kids around all the time to take care of, so time and energy is available. I think you do and that definitely makes it tougher. Not saying you aren't doing anything right, or not trying as best you can. I am only sharing our experience.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Pitch!!! Your momma is gonna clean your clock if you don't knock it off. Trust me, I know.

Seriously, Billie is just over 3 but I didn't rescue her until she was 18 months so I had to start over with her on a lot of things. She's just NOW starting to get less destructive, though she never chewed cords

I've gotten to where if she gets into something really high value and I've told her no 3 times and she still isn't staying out of it I open the can of cayenne pepper. She hates the smell. All I have to do is give her a whiff of it, tell her NO CHEW and wave that can just close enough for her to smell.

Voila! She doesn't chew it anymore. Works well. Kinda like bitter apple or tobasco without actually having to put it on or having her taste it. Lately, she's learned not to chew at the bandage on her tail when she's busted it open. I consider that quite a feat, getting a Lab to ignore a bandage. She does it though!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Hi Pitch,
    Bruno here. I chewed the cord to my mom's keyboard when I was little.
    She was mad, and went out and bought a baby gate and put it under the computer desk so I can't get to any more computer cords. Stick to chewing your toys, it will keep you out of trouble with Mom and Santa.

Pitch,

I too, like to chew on my brother's jammies, shirts or toys still just to drive mommy up the wall.

Blue