Thanks for all the advice

Thread: Thanks for all the advice

jodi is offline Junior Member

DefaultThanks for all the advice

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all the info I learn here. I haven't posted much,but I lurk a lot! I am new to labs (since May). I've learned so much here during Christmas break (i'm a teacher). I go back to work tomorrow. I had one extra day today-SNOW DAY! Anyway, I won't be able to spend as much time here. Got to teach the kiddos!

I had a pem corgi before my lab. It's so much different having a dog with legs! I have to watch what I leave on the counter which I never had to do before! The rescue said she is 2-3 years old. She molded to our family like she's always been here. She is my shadow. She follows me everywhere. She is curled up here beside me on the couch right now. She is so quiet and gentle- never barks! Is that typical for a lab? My corgi barked all the time! I know she can bark because she does in her dreams!

Anyway, I guess all this is just to say I am glad to be a fellow lab owner. I just wanted you to know a little more about Gracie and me whenever I do make a comment or have a question!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Thanks for all the advice

Welcome!!! Glad you aren't a lurker any longer! We love photos so feel free to post lots of your lab. Thanks for rescuing Gracie, as you have likely gathered from reading posts on this forum, many labs end up in shelters due to owners not realizing that labs need lots of exercise, that they can be destructive if not given an outlet for their energy, that they shed and shed and shed and shed..... ;D

Your Gracie looks like a really nice lab - some are affectionate like yours is (following you, curling up next to you) and others are only affectionate on their own terms...like mine. I know he loves me but he only seems to show it when he's tired; then he wants belly rubs, wants to lay on my feet, etc. My lab is not a barker - occasionally he will if he hears something that is out of the ordinary and he will when the doorbell rings, but I think it's only because he gets startled by the bell. A couple of instant "woofs" and that's it.

Enjoy your lab and I look forward to more posts from you!

Bev.

P.S. Where are you located, out of curiousity?

georgie is offline Senior Member

Hi & welcome. Gracie is a pretty girl.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jodi is offline Junior Member

I'm in northern Kentucky.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Hi! Grace! Welcome to the forum. Lots of nice smart people here. (self excluded)
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.