Er umm embarrassing ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Er umm embarrassing ?

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

DefaultEr umm embarrassing ?

Is it normal for a female lab to hump things..like a male does..she has been spayed for over two yrs. sometimes it looks like she is humping air!!!!Do I have a loose moraled lab..sort of freaky???? :P It does not happen often, but I find it odd. Also.once in awhile she will leave a very smelly spot where she is sitting..I cannot tell if it is anal gland or vaginal dicharge. She has no symptoms of an infection....now i will sit here red-faced for replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Er umm embarrassing ?

Sam molests pillows. It's her odd behaviour. She's done it since we got her, so yes, I think it's normal. In fact I just let her into the bedroom ostensibly to sleep, but I think she's probably got ulterior motives.

She doesn't have leave any discharge though, that might be something to mention to the vet.

labby is offline Senior Member

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Tasha, our friend's dog, 5yr old female, spayed at about 6-8 months
    humps. She humps doggie beds, any toys larger than a sucky ball,
    pillows.

She has never grown out of it. I asked Tony what would happen if we let Tasha hump to her heart's content. He said that she would spray (urine?)

Nice thing is she doesn't hump humans.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

Ellie will not hump anything... except her bed.

When she gets riled up, she goes to town humping it. She is about 3.5 or so and is also spayed.

I have never seen her hump anything else.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh -- Haylee, age 5, has this little stuffed dalmation floppy puppy that she takes in her mouth and then goes and humps her bed. Then, when she is walking away from the bed, she is still doing a humping motion while walking. It's really funny, but embarrassing when we have company. She has done this for years. One time, one of my daughter's friends of the male persuasion came over and Haylee had not seen him in months and she humped her bed six times over the course of an hour!! It was getting kind of gross after a while. Sheesh!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Not a lab, but my dog Blackie humps the cat. She is smaller than both of my labs so I guess she needs someone her own size. Fortunately for her Gustavo the cat couldn't care less. She more or less does it over top of him rather then grabbing him. Otherwise I am sure she would discover that Gustavo has all his claws.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I used to have a rabbit that would hump the cat.

I digress.. humping can be a gesture of dominance, of excitement, of stress, and of course sexual.

If it bothers you, redirect the dog to do something else - fetch a toy, downstay, whatever.

Ah, this is all too funny! Heck, I thought only boy dogs humped! Our 5.5 mo Sammy sometimes humps in mid air for no reason. They are getting fewer and farther between though, so I hope he grows out of it for the most part lol.

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

My red face has turned to laughter..Labbys site was hilarious..I guess my girl is pretty much the norm..she humps pillows and large toys..thank goodness no humans...but I still wonder what the smelly dischage is?? My niece said she thinks it is her glands are filling up and releasing..if it was from a urniary infection , she would be sick andhave symptoms to have such a bad discharge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast