Kong Time Automatic Dispenser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kong Time Automatic Dispenser

DefaultKong Time Automatic Dispenser

Does anyone have one of those Kong Time Automatic Dispensers? I picked up on on sale on impulse and am wondering if it is any good. Piper doesn't really play with her kongs without food - but does love a stuffed kong. I'll just have to monitor that she doesn't end up getting too much extra food. I know it is kind of a gimmick, but was wondering if anyone used one or had any comments?

Thanks!

http://www.kongtime.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Kong Time Automatic Dispenser

I dunno, but holy crap, after watching that video, I totally want one!!

Have you used it yet?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I just bought it over my lunch hour so am waiting until tonight to give it a try. It was $40. I hardly buy many toys anymore as Piper has so many and I learned quickly that the cute, novelty toys never last and she always goes with her favourite tennis balls or squeaker balls.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I've seen those! Let us know how Piper does with it.

I bet Henery would have the whole thing on the floor, trying to figure out how to get in.

jlab Guest

They must have given the lab in that commercial some very strong drugs to be that sedate after they left the house. There is no way that thing would last in my house. 5 minutes after leaving them alone with that dispenser, it would be chewed up into a hundred little pieces. I'd like to see them make that same commercial with my labs. Right after chewing up the dispenser, they'd ignore the kongs and go right for the pillows on that beautiful couch, then tear up the couch and finish up by ripping apart the rug and tearing the curtains off the windows. The kong dispenser would be just the catalyst to bring out the ripping and tearing prey instinct.

But I have to agree with them on one point, I'm sure that product would have me saying "WOW" if I used it the same way they did in that commercial!

I'm with jlab - the entire time I was watching that video, I was thinking that most Labs would have yanked that thing onto the floor and destroyed it!

Nice idea, just not sure if it would work "as advertised". Good luck! Keep us posted on how it works out with your pooch.

Bev.

Unless it is made of steel Cinnamon would destroy it.

It is actually pretty cool. There is a demo setting that spits out all 4 kongs in the span of one minute and it worked well. Piper has been working on one large kong for about 15 minutes now - I sort of feel bad because there is a biscuit completely wedged in there that she has no chance of getting out on her own (aside from licking it to death) and she has been chomping at it and not making any progress. She's not giving up though - I tried to take it away and help her out but she kept looking at me saying 'why are you taking it away??'.

They actually recommend placing it on a table or counter - it's pretty neat to see the kongs bounce all around. The tricky part will be deciding where to leave it during the day. Piper has a tendancy to take her kong and eat in the last place that I want her to - so using peanut butter might not be a good idea when I'm not around to watch her!

I think some of the previous posters are from Ontario - I picked this up at a Petsmart in Mississauga/Oakville.

You could also substitute any type of toy that is around the same size of a kong if you dog is still excited by new toys.

I'm going to keep using it on weekends - it will be fun to watch her learn to recognize the sound it makes and associate it with a treat/toy being dispensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper77
    You could also substitute any type of toy that is around the same size of a kong if you dog is still excited by new toys.

I'm going to keep using it on weekends - it will be fun to watch her learn to recognize the sound it makes and associate it with a treat/toy being dispensed.
    GOOD idea re: using it for other toys besides Kongs!

Bev.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Therre's no way that thing would last in our house. Buddy had the auto feeder in the middle of the dining room, and that thing weighs 12 pounds - this would be a toy for them to bat around the house! If it was on the counter, they'd both be up there after it, that would be like an invitation to them to 'come and get it!" Nope, not with our boys.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast