If you ever needed a reason to get a lab...

Thread: If you ever needed a reason to get a lab...

DefaultIf you ever needed a reason to get a lab...

So me and my buddy were bored last nite, so we decided to goto the bar. Really only one bar to goto in our small town. So around 10PM we headed over to the bar, walked in, and were greeted by a big ol yellow lab! At first I thought it was a seeing eye dog, but upon further inspection, he was just kinda chillin in the bar. Turns out, the lab belonged to the owner of the bar.

He would just walk around the bar and greet everyone with a little nudge to the leg. Everyone would reach down and give him a pat on the head or on the butt. Even with all the people (over 40) and the loud DJ, the lab never flinched. He was just as cool and calm as if he were sittin at home by the fire place. I watched him most of the nite and never once did I see anyone feed him any beer or mixed drinks. No one seemed overly suprised by him, almost like he was a regular customer.

I commented to a few friends and the owner that a Labrador Retriever is one of few breeds you could put in a situation like that. Not many dogs could keep their cool in such a busy situation. I know my lab would have been eating it up! All those people around to pet her!

H

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: If you ever needed a reason to get a lab...

Just owning a lab gives me quite a lot of reasons to own them..we hope to get another one in the future..cute story. Labs rule!!!!!!!!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by huntsterunc
    So me and my buddy were bored last nite, so we decided to goto the bar. Really only one bar to goto in our small town. So around 10PM we headed over to the bar, walked in, and were greeted by a big ol yellow lab! At first I thought it was a seeing eye dog, but upon further inspection, he was just kinda chillin in the bar. Turns out, the lab belonged to the owner of the bar.

He would just walk around the bar and greet everyone with a little nudge to the leg. Everyone would reach down and give him a pat on the head or on the butt. Even with all the people (over 40) and the loud DJ, the lab never flinched. He was just as cool and calm as if he were sittin at home by the fire place. I watched him most of the nite and never once did I see anyone feed him any beer or mixed drinks. No one seemed overly suprised by him, almost like he was a regular customer.

I commented to a few friends and the owner that a Labrador Retriever is one of few breeds you could put in a situation like that. Not many dogs could keep their cool in such a busy situation. I know my lab would have been eating it up! All those people around to pet her!

H

A few years ago, we spent Christmas in Germany, in a small village called Gangelt (I think that's how it's spelled). Anyway, we went to the pub there one night (okay, more than once!) and it's the norm to take your dog to the bar there! The place was a mixture of dogs and people! However, not all dogs should have been there - one was kind of a crotchety old thing, it would growl every time someone walked by. I thought it was sort of neat, to be able to take your dog out to the bar for the evening! My dog would have loved it, all those people to give him pats! (A little too smoky though.....)

Merry Christmas,

Bev.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Labs are so adaptable. They are comfortable in most situations. That's what I love about them.

LOL. At first I thought your story was a joke you were setting up. "me and my buddy went into a bar and saw a yellow lab chillin' out with a priest and a rabbi".

I love labbies and I'm so glad no one tried to feed him bad things.