changes in attitudes, changes in latitudes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changes in attitudes, changes in latitudes

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaultchanges in attitudes, changes in latitudes

Thank you all for your support after we lost our Shadow, then got Buddy. I went through some difficult times with him, wondering if we would ever bond. This boy grows on me more and more by the day. He's sweeter and more affectionate. Buddy is calmer and better-behaved now than Champ, who is 11 months older. And we keep seeing more and more of Shadow's traits and mannerisms in him, as if she is teaching him how to behave. He now seeks affection, likes to lean against your leg if you are standing, and has stopped pawing at us so much. He even retrieves once in a while! ;D

Since we got Champ, Buddy is a much happier boy and seems to interact with us even more. They play together all the time, but they are bonding to us as well - Champ is Daddy's boy and Buddy is Mommy's boy, although they love us both.

I am so glad we have these guys!

Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: changes in attitudes, changes in latitudes

That is a nice picture of your two. I am so glad everything is working out. They do look like best friends.

So happy for you all

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Nice Christmas story!

Jackie..I remember too well when you lost Shadow..and I also remember the day you brought Buddy home..and all the doubts and fears you had. We all said Buddy wasn't a replacement, he was a new pup to learn to love. Thank goodness love doesn't have limitations..I am soooo very happy that all this has worked for you both. And adding Champ just proves how much love you have to share.
    This will be a very Merry Christmas for you and DH with your two new babies. I'm very happy this has happened. Buddy and Champ are beautiful dogs..and I know just how you feel, we love Dakota more and more and more with each passing day.
    Hugs, Jackie

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I have known people who say "When ____ passes, I will never have another dog. There could never be another I love so much." If they only knew what we know.

There is nothing that honors the love you have for a dog that has passed then sharing that love with another. Glad to hear they are bringing you and your family so much joy.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Awwwwww.... that pic is SO sweet !! I remember your ordeal with and loseing Shadow...... then Buddy came along and all the issues you had with him. Lots of ups and downs, highs and lows as you said. What a wonderful change when Champ showed up.... I guess it was all just meant to be Jackie !! You have a beautiful and complete family now !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

What a great photo - Champ looks like he's saying, "Hey, a little privacy here, can't you see we're having a moment?!"

Glad to hear you have two wonderful labs - sounds like a his & hers situation!

Bev.

So sorry about Shadow, but I am so glad you have found a wonderful boy in Buddy.

Buddy and Champ will no doubt fill your years with fun and crazy antics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast