Stupid Neighbors

Thread: Stupid Neighbors

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultStupid Neighbors

You may remember I posted yesterday about the neighbors pit mix who had gotten loose from his tie out.

Same thing happened today. When Tal and I were walking home, I saw the dog at someone's house kind of playing thru the fence with a black Lab. When we got home, I went to the neighbors and said I saw your dog at **location** and thought you'd want to know. She was nice and said something that just dumbfounded me. She said, "I didn't realize he was even out here." Thanked me and then I left.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stupid Neighbors

Didn't know he was out there!! I bet all of us here know where our labs are at all times. Some people. :

I hate that! I got chased by a Dane mix . He went after Jake (the big sissy boy). I was walking Jake and my 10 year old daughter had Ginger (much better on a leash than Jake at the time) I yelled at him and told him to go home. We had a very nerve wracking stand off for a few minutes while I tried to hold both of my dogs who were now feeling threatened and get them to continue the walk, all the while Dane-boy is skulking up behind us every step of the way. I ended up giving him a thump on the snout (not so smart, I realize now) and he ran away. I watched him go home and the owner was standing there watching the whole thing!

Next night, dog out. Saw owner, tell him your dog is out and he tried to get us last night. A-hole tells me, yeah, so you walked by again tonight, what's wrong with you? WTF?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That's too bad. Some people confuse me.

LabsLand is offline Senior Member

That's a fear of mine.

What is the legal way to proceed in those cases? Are you supposed to carry pepper spray? What can you do and what can't you?

I live in a very quiet street. As a matter of fact there are only three houses in the road. The problem is that I have been seeing neighbors walking their babies and a couple of times one with a dog on a leash. But that road is supposed to be MY driveway!!!!
    I try not to get into arguments or things like that, but I am thinking of posting some kind of sign saying no dogs allowed in this private driveway (I would love the kids to play with my (future) puppy, but I don't want their families think that now my yard is a public park...

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Yeah it left me dumbfounded. I am seldom at a loss for words but that one definitely left me speechless. It was probably better I didn't say anything to that one. Before leaving to go to the grocery store, the dog was tied out, saw me and came over. He seemed to like the attention when I petted him. But if they keep chaining him out he won't be friendly forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvLabsToo
    That's a fear of mine.

What is the legal way to proceed in those cases? Are you supposed to carry pepper spray? What can you do and what can't you?

I live in a very quiet street. As a matter of fact there are only three houses in the road. The problem is that I have been seeing neighbors walking their babies and a couple of times one with a dog on a leash. But that road is supposed to be MY driveway!!!!
    I try not to get into arguments or things like that, but I am thinking of posting some kind of sign saying no dogs allowed in this private driveway (I would love the kids to play with my (future) puppy, but I don't want their families think that now my yard is a public park...
    I would think if it is your driveway, then a private property sign would certainly be within the law I would think. I don't understand folks who allow their pets to use others yards for a bathroom. It's the dogs running around without a person around that give me the most concern.

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    Didn't know he was out there!! I bet all of us here know where our labs are at all times. Some people. :
    Definitely. Maybe I am paranoid, but I go out with Tal when he has to potty and wait for him to finish. He is never unattended when outside. I will leave him in the backyard if I am doing something in the front like mowing. Usually if he sees I can't play tho he just wants to come back inside where its cool. Can't say as I blame him!