*****Lab weight****
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *****Lab weight****

Default*****Lab weight****

I have a 14 month old male who weighs like 73lbs. He was the biggest of the litter, with the biggest head and paws. He looks as if he's all legs because he isn't wide and bulky at all (totally different from what he looked as a puppy). His dad was a huge dog, upwards of minimal 90lbs. Do you guys think he'll thicken up any, and gain some more weight? He had surgery from where he swallowed a bone at like 8 months old and had to have his stomach cut open to remove it. He lost like 10lbs. in a week span and has only gained like 5 more lbs. then what he originally weighed at 8 months. Could this have stunted his growth?

I feed him chicken soup for large breed about 3 or 3.5 cups a day. How much do all your dogs weigh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: *****Lab weight****

My male weighs 87 lbs & the vet says he's fat & needs to lose around 10 lbs. To look @ him, he doesn't look fat. He's stalky w/the block head but really didn't "fill out" til around 15 1/2 mos.

I believe they tend to fill out between their first and second year ~ and depending on genetics, it might take even longer. Your breeder could probably give you an indication of what to expect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rukus is 2 1/2, weighs 75 lbs, and doesn't seem to have an ounce of fat on him (wish I had the same problem! )

Dozer is almost 4 and he only weighs 50 - 55 lbs, but looks really stocky (and dare I say fat?) compared to Rukus. Keep in mind that Dozer is considerably shorter than Rukus and that as a puppy, his previous owner was feeding him corn rather than dog food (which certainly stunted his growth). :'(

WEll looking at your dogs, they are broader than Hunter. Hunters head and neck are small. We have another chocolate who's 10 and he has the biggest head I've ever seen on a lab. He weighs 85 and is real lean. I think he's losing muscle mass because he has bad joints.

But anyways, I'll try and attach some pics to let you see.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Rider (4YR M chocolate) is from pet bred/field lines, and he weighs 86 lbs...taller and leaner overall. Rookie (10 MON/M yellow) is from show lines, he's shorter and broader than Rider and weighs 82 lbs.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I don't know if the surgery will have an impact or not. But I do know that Toby bulked out a lot between 1 and 2 years (though mercifully, he pretty much stopped getting taller after 12 - 14 months old). Of course, he's also ridiculously huge, way out of breed standard - 28.5" tall at the shoulder and roughly 115 pounds, and not fat. OTOH, Chamois seems to have stopped growing at 15 months, she's 22.5" high at the shoulder and somewhere about 65 pounds, and is actually starting to look like she could shed a pound or two.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Pitch will be 11 mos old on Sunday, weighed him in today 82.5. We just recently increased his food, and he is up 6 lbs from last month

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Last month, at 16 months, Caleb weighed in at 62 1/2 pounds. He probably weighs a little more than that now as he started acting ravenous, so I increased his food by 1/2 cup a day (total of 2 1/2 cups daily now).

The first picture is Bogey at 12 months and he was 72 lbs. Perfectly fit. The second photo is at 2 years of age and now at 87lb. I think you can see how much he thickend up. My vet said he is a slow grower, which she said is good when it come the joints.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast