A question for multiple dog owners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question for multiple dog owners

Gene Guest

DefaultA question for multiple dog owners

When I only had Merlot, I could call his name and he would come a running. 8) When I adopted Zoey a year latter, She also came when I called her name 8). These dogs have bonded and are never apart. If I call Merlot, they both come. ??? If I call Zoey, they both come. ??? Now some of you have three, four, five, or more. Do the others just keep doing whatever they were doing, or do they ALL come, no matter who's name you call?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: A question for multiple dog owners

It really depends on the situation, but for the most part they all come because they all want my attention and the treat I may or may not have in my pocket. The only time they may not all come running is when they are all playing and it is clear I am reprimanding one of them...even then they may all come as long as they aren't emersed in another fun activity.

Kathryn Guest

mine dont always all come. unless you are in the kitchen then you get all of them PLUS the cats.... :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

If food is involved in any way, shape, or form, they all come. Otherwise, usually the one I call comes, or not. Sometimes I have to go get them

I agree if there's obviously food involved, they'll all come. If not, I usually get the one I actually call. The exception to that rule is Bono who thinks the world revolves around him and if I say anything at all during the day, I'm clearly talking to him...and inviting him into my lap

Paula is offline Senior Member

I am convinced each of mine know their own name and respond accordingly.

Again, if it involves food, you betcha. Any other time, I usually get the one I DIDN'T call first! Nosey butts.

Nicole-Love the new siggy pic. Darwin is a hunk!

patm is offline Senior Member

Emilu shows in obedience and appears to listen more closely to "who am I talking to" before she does something because sometimes I give them each different commands to see if she is paying attention. However, if Emilu comes when I call her, Skippy comes too because he doesnt' want to be left out.

patm is offline Senior Member

Hey Gene - did you think anymore about getting that adorable girl from Wisconsin that was posted on a few days ago? I can't get her picture out of my head - she needs a home so bad and I think she should be with you guys!

Generally if one comes they both come. If Smeagol is loose with them he comes too (normally he's in the den) mostly hoping to get a treat.
    Normally I don't have to call them though if I get up to move they come running. At night for last potty I just turn off the TV and they jump and and run to the door..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast