Horrible News!!!!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible News!!!!

DefaultHorrible News!!!!

Hi everyone, I am new here, but I like to chat and post a lot so I am sure you'll all be seeing me.

We are getting my daughter a puppy for Christmas. We had one picked out and the owners had just moved into a new house and the mom and dad got out and while they were out looking for them last night, three of the puppies were outside in the backyard and they got eaten by something. And yes one of them was our little girl. I was so devasted this morning. I can't even beleive they had them outside either, but that is another topic. I was lucky enough to have met a breeder last week and we were going to buy one of his puppies and I called this morning and he had one little girl left, which is my Christmas Miracle!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

aj

DefaultRe: Horrible News!!!!

Oh that is so SAD, stupid people what were they thinking, they should have secured the puppies then went to look for the parents.

Glad to hear you are still getting your little girl, you should call her Miracles !

I know can you beleive that. I was just horrified. Maybe they didn't think they'd be gone that long? I don't know??? My SIL is friends with this family and she called this morning. She was going to pick her up for us this afternoon and hang on to her until Christmas for us.

Oh I love that name, what a great idea. ALthough my 4.5 year old has picked out her dogs name - Koda. She thinks she is getting one for her birthday in July. Its so funny, she thinks she is practising with these puppies we keep looking at.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Oh! So sad for those three pups. Do the Mom and Dad have any idea what got them. I hope a life long lesson was learned.

Congrats to you on finding another pup. Let the fun begin.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

Something ate them?! :'( Where the heck do you live anyway???? That is just horrible.

Meanwhile, this is for your 4.5 year old? You guys have had a lab puppy before I hope? ;D

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

i don't think siggy pic was there the first time I looked. Does daughter look exactly like Mom? Can't tell from avatar, but both appear to be really cute. I suspect pic with puppy included will be cuter.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

The puppy was out in Temecula CA. We live by the beach in San Diego.

yes the puppy is for our daughter, but really she is for our family. And no we have not had a lab puppy before. I had a puppy when I was a kid a zillion years ago and my husband had a cattle dog mic puppy about 15 years ago. So this will be a fun adventure for us (mostly me I think). I have been reading up on Labs and my brother and neighbor have them, so I have picked their brains. Again, being a new lab owner you all will prob get sick of me. I am a photographer too so I'm sure you'll get sick of seeing the puppy too.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Welcome. I am not a fan of giving a dog for a christmas or any other present, let alone to a child. You are going to have your hands full. Lab pups need a ton of exercise and they are very mouthy dogs. Please read the best advise thread in the training section. Since you found a breeder (or multiple breeders) willing to send dogs home at the holidays, I hope they at least did some health testing such as OFA on hips and elbows. But anyways, good luck!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the pups but am glad you were able to find a replacement.

Gosh, it sounds like the breeder you were going to buy from was not terribly responsible. Most breeders worth their salt will also not sell pups around Christmastime. Please make sure you've done your research on the breeder and haven't just gone with someone who advertises online or in the newspaper. There are several folks here who know some great breeders in your state, perhaps make another post for recommendations and also to check on the reputation of the one you chose.

Really, you cannot choose carefully enough, and you need to have spot-on perfect temperament with a 4 1/2 year old in your house.

All the best to you.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast